Day 6

There is one moment, in particular, that sums up today perfectly. I took a screenshot of it so that I could share it with you all.

I could explain why this was a problem for me, but frankly I don’t want to relive the whole thing. Suffice it to say that the engine was not lying to me after all; it really and truly couldn’t find the file it was looking for. As usual in situations like this, it was Microsoft’s fault.

Aside from this, I spent a good deal of the day programming. (Actually, it would be more accurate to say I spent a good deal of the day playing Clean Asia – what I’m really referring to is the proportion of the time I actually spent working, I guess). I fixed a bug in my engine that had been bothering me for a while, and I implemented a simple way for the engine to output a file with debug information. Most importantly though, I managed to strike something pretty major off my to-do list.

from a few days ago:
Here’s what’s left to add to the “general” side of the engine:

– Battle animations
– Reading battlescripts and itemscripts from a file
– Full implementation of all the target sets
– Status effects

In summary, this was quite an unproductive day. I got a whole lot less done than I really should have, and wasted a lot of time trying to get my head around that stupid filename problem.

I’m not going to whine about it though. It’s still early in the contest – I should easily be able to pick up the slack tomorrow.

* Post a Comment

No comments yet

Leave a reply