At the start of this year, I resolved to move onto new projects every month! I thought it was time for an update on how that’s going.
My February game is Big Hero, and it’s going really well. I started this last year around June or so and only worked on it for three or four days, but it’s a project I’ve thought about quite a bit since. Over the last week or so I feel like I’ve started to get into a groove with it, and I’m excited about how it’s developing!
Unfortunately, I probably won’t have time to actually finish it this month, just because there are so many other things happening in the next two weeks that I want to do instead – Klik of the Month is tomorrow night, Mini Ludum Dare 16 is this weekend, the 371-Pirate Kart is next weekend, and at some point before the end of the month I also want to try making a NotGame. Oh well!
My January game was an untitled first person shooter. What with January being VVVVVV month and all, I never really got this project to a point where it had any momentum. All that’s really implemented here is a basic raycaster in flash.
Right at the start of the year I said that I want to make more shooters this year, and this was supposed to be a first attempt at trying out a particular approach I’m curious about. If I have the time and inclination later in the year I’ll revisit it.