The Computer Crisis (Stupid-ass internal scripting test)

Started by ToasterApocalypse, July 12, 2012, 06:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

Played it. Started in the first room (durr hurr). A text box popped up with gibberish in it that seems to indicate botched internal scripting. Some flash effects, and then... nothing. Is this because I'm using 2.0?

FIQ

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 13, 2012, 11:00:11 PM
Played it. Started in the first room (durr hurr). A text box popped up with gibberish in it that seems to indicate botched internal scripting. Some flash effects, and then... nothing. Is this because I'm using 2.0?
Yes, ToasterApocalypse didn't make the level 2.0 compatible.

avengah

OK, so how do I fix this crash? Or is Toaster going to fix it? Obviously that play(16) should not be there, but removing it didn't help.

Dav999

Maybe the script is just too long, and you need to split it up?

avengah

Nah, I've fixed it. I changed it to say(45) and musicfadeout. There were in fact only 45 commands after say(46) (including the play command), not 46. That must have been the cause of the runtime error.

By the way, musicfadeout works fine, you don't need the () after it. It does fade out fairly quickly. I'm not sure how to make it stop instantly, though.

Dav999

Quote from: avengah on October 14, 2012, 02:04:16 PM
By the way, musicfadeout works fine, you don't need the () after it. It does fade out fairly quickly. I'm not sure how to make it stop instantly, though.

stopmusic() (or stopmusic, if you prefer that)

Capn Muffin

Probably the best level I've played so far. Kudos! I like the multi-room boss idea, especially with the changing health bar. Only problem I ran into was the game crashed when I activated the last monitor for "The Computer".

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Capn Muffin on October 15, 2012, 08:51:59 PM
Probably the best level I've played so far. Kudos! I like the multi-room boss idea, especially with the changing health bar. Only problem I ran into was the game crashed when I activated the last monitor for "The Computer".

But this level wasn't meant to be played
It was a practice before I made switchback

avengah

Capn Muffin: You can fix it the way I said. Go into the script labelled boss2defeat, change say(46) to say(45) and change play(16) to musicfadeout or stopmusic. There, fixed.

Lord Ghetsis

Something broke.
When i start, it says a bunch of stuff. Nothing happens, and I walk out into empty space. This happening to anyone else?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: BisonMan12 on June 14, 2013, 09:04:01 PM
Something broke.
When i start, it says a bunch of stuff. Nothing happens, and I walk out into empty space. This happening to anyone else?
This level is available to those only with VVVVVV 2.1.

This level may as well not exist, it's that awful.

weee50

Quote from: Hilbert on October 12, 2012, 09:41:47 PM
What did you do that for?
Quote from: Hilbert on October 12, 2012, 09:42:18 PM
... ...
What did you do that for too?

On-topic:
How many internal scripts does it have? (counting leftover scripts)

More off-topicness:
Do you know why :violet: has evil eyes?

allison

Quote from: weee50 on June 30, 2013, 08:06:32 PM
More off-topicness:

Probably just to cover a suitable range of emotions; SOMEone had to have an angry face.

weee50

Quote from: crazyal02 on June 30, 2013, 08:42:20 PM
Quote from: weee50 on June 30, 2013, 08:06:32 PM
More off-topicness:

Probably just to cover a suitable range of emotions; SOMEone had to have an angry face.
No! It's because when you press R right after :viridian: teleports to the space station, you will go to the ship, but when you go to the teleporter room, :violet: will not show up. When you try and go to another level (let's say the Lab), you will rescue :victoria: but when you go to SS1 from SS2 after you have rescued :victoria: , :vermillion: , :vitellary:  and/or :verdigris: , and complete the level, you will go to the ship, but after the cutscene is completed, the crewmates that you have rescued will be gone.

Note that this only works in 2.0, and it will not work in 2.1!

B-Man99

Thanks for the great map, I had a blast!

And also for the scripting stuff, that was cool.