Dimension WWW

Started by Hilbert, July 15, 2012, 02:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

I got past the room now, so... Are you ready for some more harsh criticism? :vermillion:

FLOATING SPIKES???!?!!?!?!!??!! >:D >:D >:D

This bit looks bad! IT DOESN'T CONNECT WELL! You could at least have used yellow corner tiles from the lab tileset! >:D WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT??? >:D

What is that platform doing in that wall?! ???

A GRAVITRON? Sigh... :-X I've seen so many of those in custom levels...

Did I tell you that you can easily complete the level without rescuing :verdigris:? YOU WILL GET STUCK! NOW I CAN DO EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN!!! >:( >:D >:( >:D >:( >:D

That was the end of part 2 of my harsh criticism. I hope I've been harsh enough to satisfy your needs. Have a nice day. :viridian:

Hilbert

Please act like that with all my levels. :) lol not really :)

and that room is possible. you need to enter through the top, flip down where v is, wait a little, then run into the passage, then flip into the next passage. :)

the wall glitch i'll fix

the single tiles... only look shnitzely. if you play it with 2-wide blocks it'l most likely mess it up.

i'll fix the suicide trinket. :viridian:
wall glitch fixed :viridian:
backslash nerfed :viridian:

part 2
THAT WHOLE AREA IS BUGGY SO DON'T COMPLAIN
and the walls inside the platform are so the spike isn't upside down.
I'm adding a way to skip the gravitron so it leads to a trinket

Hilbert

Okay, I've taken my harsh critisicm, so now normal critisicm, please.

like this :D :( :o ;D ;) :) ??? ::) :-X :-\ :vermillion: :violet: :viridian:

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on September 09, 2012, 03:46:08 PM
and the walls inside the platform are so the spike isn't upside down.

Wait, you have 2.1, right? So why couldn't you turn those spikes upside down with direct mode, just like you did with this:

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on September 09, 2012, 03:46:08 PM
the single tiles... only look shnitzely. if you play it with 2-wide blocks it'l most likely mess it up.

There are tiles in the lab tileset which will fix this! I don't know about other tilesets, but...

Pyrite

Man, electric shock panels are so unoriginal! Imma skip all trinkets in that area k?

Pyrite

TERRORISM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

blue626

In the 1st room there are several tiles that look ugly because they have no border.
Is trinket in that room supposed to be easy to discover and get?
There are single tiles in the room where :viridian: says "I should explore" or something.
I went to the Veni Vidi vici tunnel, and I noticed I couldn't get to the other side on the 2nd highest room. Remove one of the spikes or add one if that was made on purpose, and that why it's called unnecessary. If so, remove the upper part of the tunnel, leaving only the parts necessary to get the trinket. How are you supposed to get out, then? I  din't see any way out, even after the trinket. If you have to use the warp-line glitch, then make a way out and if that way still includes warp lines in the lower room, then remove those and add horizontal warping.

About what Dav999 said, I don't visit all rooms he mentioned, but I agree with everything he said except the grav. lines that end in nothing (there's a block in Direct mode that does that, like mentioned before), the room with 3 tiles tall gaps (it is possible to pass through them, but hard) and the gravitron (not bad level design, just lack of originality).
You know you can use Dir. Mode to fix single tiles, right? Fix all of them! Use the "middle" tile form the warp Zone tile set, which is just a square with one color and no pattern! Note: I use 2.0., so I don't know everything about Dir. Mode.

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on September 20, 2012, 07:58:50 PM
and the gravitron (not bad level design, just lack of originality).

I didn't say it was bad level design...

Hilbert

I went to the Veni Vidi vici tunnel, and I noticed I couldn't get to the other side on the 2nd highest room. Remove one of the spikes or add one if that was made on purpose, and that why it's called unnecessary. If so, remove the upper part of the tunnel, leaving only the parts necessary to get the trinket. How are you supposed to get out, then? I  din't see any way out, even after the trinket. If you have to use the warp-line glitch, then make a way out and if that way still includes warp lines in the lower room, then remove those and add horizontal warping.
???
???
I don't understand.

blue626

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on September 20, 2012, 09:31:49 PM
???
???
I don't understand.

Okay, the 2nd highest room I mentioned might be either the 2nd highest or the 3rd (I don't remember). That room, as well as the room(s) above, is split in 2 parts. That room has a connection of those 2 parts with 4 spikes above and 3 below, though the upper and lower columns both are 4 tiles wide each, leaving a one tile space above the lower column. The column I mentioned separate the 2 parts of the room, being, respectively above and below the connection. The space I mentioned made me think that you can get to the other part of the room when going down by going through the connection. I died every time I tried. If this sin't what you wanted and you wanted to be possible to go to the other part of the room like I said, then remove the spike at the left of the space.
If this is what you wanted then:

• Add a spike above the lower column in the space I mentioned.
  • That makes the upper part of the VVV tunnel unnecessary, and that's probably why you called it that way. Remove the upper part of the tunnel, leaving only the part necessary to get the trinket.
  • How are you supposed to get out? I didn't see any exit near the trinket (I saw what you did in the rooms near it, btw). Do you have to use the warp line glitch? That's bad level design, and one of the glitches most likely to be fixed in 2.1. (stable), in my opinion. If that was the way, then make other way out! An example is creating a warp token. If the way you create still includes warp line in both sides of the lower room of the tunnel, then remove them and add horizontal warping to that room.

Is this specified enough?

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply, btw (is 6 days later late?).

Quote from: Dav999 on September 20, 2012, 08:19:52 PM

I misunderstood your post. Sorry. :-[ Actually, lack of originality just makes the level worse, so it was a good idea to write that.

Hilbert

Quote from: blue626 on September 26, 2012, 06:43:36 PM

I misunderstood your post. Sorry. :-[ Actually, lack of originality just makes the level worse, so it was a good idea to write that.
Well, Dav was the one who told everyone how to do it.

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on September 26, 2012, 08:03:51 PM

Not only me, FIQ too, and maybe some other people. (I thought FIQ was the first one who knew how to do it)

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on September 27, 2012, 01:51:29 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on September 26, 2012, 08:03:51 PM

Not only me, FIQ too, and maybe some other people. (I thought FIQ was the first one who knew how to do it)

FIQ's level "Back To VVVVVV" was the first level in 2012 to contain a gravitron. ANDTHENSUDDENLYEVERYONECOMESOUTOFNOWHEREANDTAKESTHEIDEABECAUSETHEYAREUNORIGINALDUMBARSES

Hilbert

Watch who you're talking about, toast!

ToasterApocalypse