say
a
ifflag(101,stop)
say
stop failed, set flag 101 now!
flag(101,on)
say
flag set!

Then, as you quit the level and replay it from scratch, the flag has been saved even though it should be reset (in fact, it SHOULD not do anything at all with a flag outside the range). No, this cannot be used for autosaving purposes, as flag is reset when you quit VVVVVV completely, but that's not the point. The point is that if this functions like I think it does, it would allow you to manipulate VVVVVV's memory while it's running, just like what stuff like Cheat Engine do. Now, while this most likely *does* have uses, figuring out exactly what you're doing is pretty much impossible. It's just a cool thing that can be explored with, but expect to not find anything interesting.

Dav999

@crazyal02, I think you accidentally posted your quote for Derpfish's tutorial...

allison

Quote from: Dav999 on February 18, 2013, 04:49:04 PM
@crazyal02, I think you accidentally posted your quote for Derpfish's tutorial...

Oh, oops. Deleted now.

ToasterApocalypse

After researching slightly, you can do this:

createentity(x,y,18,17,0)

for an ORANGE crewmate. Alternatively, you can use

createentity(x,y,24,17,0)

for an orange crewmate that behaves like the crewmate in Intermission 1 (But it still doesn't connect with spikes)

Chillius

Hacker4334

Fussmatte

I found out something. Since blackout doesn't work, you can use this instead:
say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(5)
do(100)
fadein
delay(1)
loop
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
befadein
text(1,0,0,4)
say(4)
endtext
endcutscene
untilbars
loadscript(stop)

And the the screen will be black for ~100 ticks (Or whatever you put in do() ). Could be useful for something!

allison

:verdigris: Isn't there another command that works (like "fadeout" or something)?

Fussmatte

Quote from: crazyal02 on February 24, 2013, 04:53:23 AM
:verdigris: Isn't there another command that works (like "fadeout" or something)?

Yes, but it doesn't just black out the screen, it takes a bit to fade out.

FIQ

backgroundtext does not have to be below the text(C,X,Y,N) command, in fact it can be above it. Using it above the text box instead of below it gives 2 additional possibilities:
* Having a backgrounded text dialog be 2 lines instead of 1
* Using the "flipme" command as it was intended to -- alter text box Y coordinate if flip mode is active (This is used in the main game to correct headers being below the main text box in the main game. I have no idea why this correction was made, but it's there). Keep in mind that flipme does have to be below the textbox.

blue626

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on February 22, 2013, 07:13:13 PM

for an orange crewmate that behaves like the crewmate in Intermission 1 (But it still doesn't connect with spikes)

Interesting, but did you try with other values for the 4th parameter? Maybe that would give you other colors! Interesting...

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on March 08, 2013, 08:32:23 PM

Interesting, but did you try with other values for the 4th parameter? Maybe that would give you other colors! Interesting...
It does.

ID 69: white

lol 69

blue626

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on March 08, 2013, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: blue626 on March 08, 2013, 08:32:23 PM

It does.

ID 69: white

lol 69

What about all the other values? I might as well find that myself, this is interesting.
And after anyone finds all the colors (or at least the sequence of them... there surely is one is the parameter can be as high as 69) that could be mentioned in the 2nd post!

EDIT: This thread has more than 10 000 views!

FIQ

White is a default colour, kind of. If there's no defined colour for the ID, you get it. Real colors are up to 50ish (don't remember exactly). Also 100-103.

Fussmatte

List of colors for createentity() crewmates:

0: Cyan
1: Flashy red (used for death)
2: Dark orange
3: Trinket color
4: Gray
5: Flashy white
6: Red (tiny bit darker than Vermilion)
7: Lime green (ala Viel)
8: Hot pink (ala Vaelyn)
9: Brilliant yellow