39: Darker cyan/green
40: Flashier gray
41-99: White
100: Dark gray
101: Flashy white
102: Teleporter color
103 and onwards: White

34 is more Valso than 32.

Also, 34 is a funny number, but 69 is funnier.

blue626

Quote from: Doormat on March 08, 2013, 11:48:45 PM
List of colors for createentity() crewmates:

0: Cyan
1: Flashy red (used for death)
2: Dark orange
3: Trinket color
4: Gray
5: Flashy white
6: Red (tiny bit darker than Vermilion)
7: Lime green (ala Viel)
8: Hot pink (ala Vaelyn)
9: Brilliant yellow
10: Flashy white
11: Bright cyan
12: Blue, same as Victoria
13: Green, same as Verdigris
14: Yellow, same as Vitellary
15: Red, same as Vermilion
16: Blue, same as Victoria
17: Lighter orange
18: Gray
19: Darker gray
20: Pink, same as Violet
21: Lighter gray
22: White
23: Flashy white
24-29: White
30: Gray
31: Dark, slightly purplish gray?
32: Dark cyan/green (ala Valso)
33: Dark blue
34: Dark green
35: Dark red
36: Dull orange
37: Flashy gray
38: Gray
39: Darker cyan/green
40: Flashier gray
41-99: White
100: Dark gray
101: Flashy white
102: Teleporter color
103 and onwards: White

So, It seems  was wrong about the sequence! Is there any sequence in that?
I expected it to be something like this:

1 - White
2 - Very Light Cyan
3 - Light Cyan
4 - Light Cyan (darker than 3)
5 - Light Cyan (darker than 4)
6 - Viridian's color (cyan)
7 - Cyan mixed with dark blue (Victoria's color), but more cyan than dark blue
8 - Cyan mixed with dark blue (more blue than 7)
9 - Cyan mixed with dark blue (more blue than 8)
10 - Cyan mixed with dark blue (more blue than 9)
11 - Victoria's color
16 - Violet's color
21 - Vermillion's color
??? - Black

Why do some colors repeat (besides white)?
4, 18, 30 and 38 - Gray
5, 10, 23 and 101 - Flashy White
12 and 16 - Victoria's color

By teleporter color do you mean the color when Viridian is teleported or something else?
What do you mean by trinket color? Trinkets have various colors...

I have read that Terry used to plan adding a 7th level to the game, but didn't due to lack of time. What would be the color for the 7th crewmate (if there would be one)? I used to think it was grey because you get a grey crewmate when you put an invalid word in the color parameter in createcrewman (maybe I should have told about the 7th crewmate being grey before...). However orange appears so many times, either light or dark, so maybe it would be light/dark orange?

Fussmatte

Quote from: blue626 on March 09, 2013, 05:46:27 PM
By teleporter color do you mean the color when Viridian is teleported or something else?
What do you mean by trinket color? Trinkets have various colors...
Yes, that's what I meant by teleporter color.
By trinket color I meant how the trinket flashes. So the crewmate is a trinket crewmate.

blue626

Some days ago, I was testing createentity(x,y,18,m1,m2) testing those values for m1 and some other things.

Using values 69, 79 and 24 (for m1), it doesn't make a white crew-member, it makes a cyan square (it isn't the same as Viridian's cyan)! ??? Is it because I'm using 2.0?
However, 22 does create a white crew-member!

I found the difference between 12 and 16: apparently those crew members' colors pulse a bit. So, maybe every internal crewmember pulses? Crewmember 12 starts form the bright color while 16 starts from the dark one (or reverse?) and 16 has a bigger difference between the bright and dark color than 12. After that I tried comparing them with createcrewman(x,y,blue,(...)). It was equal to 12. Then I tried comparing them with the level editor crew-member. I don't really know about that one... it either is equal to 12 or doesn't pulse, staying with a color that's between the bright and dark color of 12. Anyway, who knows why 16 exists...
Actually, I believe that every crew member besides 0, 1, 12-15, 20 and 102 are things that Terry just tried, but, in the end, they weren't used.
I also noticed Viridian pulses too: it was noticeable when in front of the said cyan square. Since the walls don't seem to pulse, by comparing them with the square you'll see that it doesn't pulse and comparing the square with Viridian, you'll notice that Viridian does pulse.

While using negative values I get the cyan square, but strangely, while using words (for example), I get Viridian. :vitellary:

All m2 seems to do, in this case, is defining if the crew member is happy or sad. 0 makes it happy, while >0 makes it sad. While not writing m2 at all, it makes it happy. I only tested these on crewmember 14 (Vitellary). Actually, not specifying m2 while m1=2 makes it sad... maybe what m2 makes is different in there (like 0 making it sad)?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on March 13, 2013, 06:03:51 PM
Using values 69, 79 and 24 (for m1), it doesn't make a white crew-member, it makes a cyan square (it isn't the same as Viridian's cyan)! ??? Is it because I'm using 2.0?

Maybe! There was something similar in the Open Level, when I played a certain area where a createentity crewmate looked like a light blue box for me! I'm using 2.0, so maybe that's related (and I don't think it wasn't playtested by the one who made that script)

Actually, I believe that every crew member besides 0, 1, 12-15, 20 and 102 are things that Terry just tried, but, in the end, they weren't used.

Maybe there is just one universal list with internal colors, which is used for everything in the game, so crewmate colors, enemy colors, text colors, etc.

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on March 13, 2013, 07:18:51 PM

Maybe! There was something similar in the Open Level, when I played a certain area where a createentity crewmate looked like a light blue box for me! I'm using 2.0, so maybe that's related (and I don't think it wasn't playtested by the one who made that script)

Maybe there is just one universal list with internal colors, which is used for everything in the game, so crewmate colors, enemy colors, text colors, etc.
There is! This is why you get various colors not related to crewmates in some cirumstances, like trinkets, teleporter colors, trophy colors (the darker colors at the 30ish range), etc. The more "direct" colors of cyan, yellow, green, orange, etc, is for enemies, for example.

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on March 13, 2013, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on March 13, 2013, 07:18:51 PM
(unrelated text)

There is! This is why you get various colors not related to crewmates in some cirumstances, like trinkets, teleporter colors, trophy colors (the darker colors at the 30ish range), etc. The more "direct" colors of cyan, yellow, green, orange, etc, is for enemies, for example.

So, are you saying that there is a numbered list with all the colors used in the game's entities? Does m1 determine which color, out of those in that list, is going to be used, with the value of m1 as its number? Or am I wrong?

I'm going to look for the best create entity list that's inside this topic (as there as various)... however this topic has 40 pages...

EDIT: There's a quote of it in page 18.
I had forgotten about that list, so I assumed 18 was the ID for creating a crewmate. It seems it creates a grey crewmate and there are other IDs for creating crewmates (except :violet:!). Is that what happens when you don't write neither m1 nor m2? Same in 24 (it creates a grey crewmate that follows the player and Toaster said that with 17 as m1 it creates an orange crewmate that folows the player)?
I wonder if m1 works the same for ID=1-4 and 23. It would make sense... maybe it works like that in other IDs?

Fussmatte

Bump

Try to guess how I did it :D

(wait, is this the right topic for this?)

Quote from: Doormat on March 26, 2013, 03:32:29 AM
Bump

The script box makes it go to the same room but with different coordinates.
I think the script uses gotoposition internally :P
You can make a test like this in another topic :)

blue626

I think he tried to say "Try to guess how I got the Tower tile set tiles!".

I don't know, but if it isn't related with internla scripting, then this isn't the right topic.
Also, I noticed this at the top: "Tile: 883". I guess it has to do with Direct Mode (but I don't know, since I use 2.0). Maybe he somehow did it with Direct Mode?
Also, why did you add vertical wrapping to the room, Doormat? ???

I doubt direct mode is related.
Wait...tower tileset is different? I thought it was something accessible by changing something like tileset of the room when editing the file by some kind of xml editor.....At least that's how you can do Polar dimension and changing lab background :P

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Doormat on March 26, 2013, 03:32:29 AM
Bump

But does it work in custom levels?

Also tell me how

FIQ

3 possibilities

1: You simply altered the tiles.png (or tiles2.png) and inserted graphics from tiles3.png from it

2: You successfully pinpointed tile IDs for tiles3. If this is the case, the tiles will be all transparent and segfault unless you use the Windows version of the game

3: You activated the tileset for real. I doubt this but would be really interested in how you did it otherwise. The fact that you make the room wrap in all directions to try to replicate the background makes this even less likely for me to assume.

nicholashin: The Tower uses a third image for tiles, and is thus not accessible by direct mode or editing of tilecol. I believe setting tileset to 10 *is* supposed to acivate that tileset but it just glitches the level editor.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on March 26, 2013, 03:37:33 PM
3 possibilities

1: You simply altered the tiles.png (or tiles2.png) and inserted graphics from tiles3.png from it

2: You successfully pinpointed tile IDs for tiles3. If this is the case, the tiles will be all transparent and segfault unless you use the Windows version of the game

3: You activated the tileset for real. I doubt this but would be really interested in how you did it otherwise.

nicholashin: The Tower uses a third image for tiles, and is thus not accessible by direct mode or editing of tilecol. I believe setting tileset to 10 *is* supposed to acivate that tileset but it just glitches the level editor.

So, will tiles be transparent in the windows version?

Fussmatte

Indeed I inserted tiles from tiles3.png into tiles.png :P
I just like tricking people :D

Also, @blue626: The vertical wrapping background is the closest thing to the background of the Tower.

Also, that scriptbox plays Positive Force.