Internal commands

Started by Hilbert, July 28, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lol...ipops2

Quote from: StillSpelledViridan on April 16, 2017, 09:49:21 PM
put the changeplayercolour command over your checkpoints
But what if you die twice in the same room, that's what I want to fix

Dav999

Then you have to use gotoroom to put the script box back, so for every room you can die twice in while not playing as Viridian you need a unique script with the coordinates for that room.

Duckman50001

Quote from: Dav999 on April 16, 2017, 10:28:20 PM
Then you have to use gotoroom to put the script box back, so for every room you can die twice in while not playing as Viridian you need a unique script with the coordinates for that room.

When I was messing with the "changeplayercolour(red)" script, I died and stayed red when I respawned

Ally 🌠

That's because you went out of the room the script was in and died, so the script reloaded

Duckman50001

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on April 18, 2017, 10:44:10 AM
That's because you went out of the room the script was in and died, so the script reloaded

no, I stayed in the same room.

EDIT: o wait, its probably because I use make and play edition

DubstVne

Quote from: Dav999 on July 28, 2012, 01:43:41 PM
--- METHOD 2 - WITHOUT CUTSCENE BARS---

If you want to use internal commands without cutscene bars, put this in the script box which Viridian walks through:

Code (script1) Select
iftrinkets(0,script2)

Then make a new script. In this case the new script is called 'script2' (you can use any name using a-z or 0-9, note that A-Z and some special characters should not be used). Delete the script box, so that Viridian doesn't activate it directly. The script has to be activated by the script containing iftrinkets(0,script2).

The second script should look like this:

Code (script2 first part) Select
say(5)
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(5)
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(5)

It has to end with:

Code (script2 last part) Select
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
endtext
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)

Note that in the last part of this script, there has to be one blank line after the last text(1,0,0,4). Not 0, because then things get deleted because of a bug in the script editor, and not more than 1, because then it won't work. 'text(1,0,0,4)' has to be the second last line, and the last line has to be empty.

Just like in the say(-1) method, you don't have to use say(5) if you want to use less than 4 commands in a row, you can use say(4) to have 3 commands in a row, say(3) to have 2 commands in a row, et cetera. For example:

Code (script2) Select
say(4)
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(5)
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
endtext
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)

For some reason, whenever I test the script, it freezes the game and the only thing happening is the cutscene, but its not doing what I
Told it to do. here is my script:

say(2)
gamestate(10)

text(1,0,0,4)

endtext

loadscript(stop)

I spaced them out all one line. can you help me?

My face: :violet:

Viridan

you're not allowed to put multiple commands on the same line

correct:
say(5)
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
{internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)

incorrect:
say(2)
{internal command} {internal command} {internal command} {internal command}
text(1,0,0,4)

allison

it seems more like they put blank lines between each command... which isn't correct either. the only single blank line needed is at the very end of the script.

DubstVne

None of your methods work here. on the say(-1) method, it says text that was last said before the internal command. If you use your cutscene bar method, it will not work.

:victoria:

Ally 🌠

We can't help without your script.

moth 🦋

please post your script so we can help!  :)

DubstVne

heres some screenshots of the problems:

well, the say(-1) thing wont work (yes I added space at the end): https://imgur.com/a/wQ4p9

and look, it does nothing and softlocks ONLY THE LEVEL (that means that you can still quit the level, just viridian freezes): https://youtu.be/-4Ok-XhS7lA

and the cutscene bar method? here is the code I did: https://imgur.com/a/HMdTu

and yep, it did the same thing as say(-1).

moth 🦋

^ problem has been resolved on the vvvvvv discord

Ally 🌠

Valso22

¿does the moveplayer command uses normal pixels? (pixels that are when you set a block or something on the level editor) or MINI pixels (1) pixels that are of textures, images etc.), (2) those little, small pixels that build all.)