Internal commands

Started by Hilbert, July 28, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 20, 2012, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 20, 2012, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on August 20, 2012, 06:52:20 PM
On topic:

I'm thinking about making an internal scripting tutorial! Anyone interested in learning how to use internal scripting?

I already know how, but learning tilecol can actually 'improve' polar dimensions

Quote from: FIQ on August 14, 2012, 09:54:57 PM
tilecol(x) - doesn't exists

DARN IT  :violet:

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 20, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
On topic:

I'm thinking about making an internal scripting tutorial! Anyone interested in learning how to use internal scripting?

I already know how, but learning tilecol can actually 'improve' polar dimensions

Search the forum for tilecol, I found something about a tilecol for each room apart, and that tilecol=6 is the gray tileset from the intermission or something. Or did you want the colour to change every few seconds? Well... Let me think... :-\

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 20, 2012, 07:32:30 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 20, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
On topic:

Search the forum for tilecol, I found something about a tilecol for each room apart, and that tilecol=6 is the gray tileset from the intermission or something. Or did you want the colour to change every few seconds? Well... Let me think... :-\

I wanted the gray background otherwise all polar dimension backgrounds of mine are...

BLUE.

Dav999

It would not be convenient to change the colour of a room with an internal command, as you first have to wait for the cutscene bars. And can't you use direct mode for this?

Or did you just quote something? ???

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on August 20, 2012, 08:48:49 PM
It would not be convenient to change the colour of a room with an internal command, as you first have to wait for the cutscene bars. And can't you use direct mode for this?

Or did you just quote something? ???
Toaster refused to modify the .vvvvvv file manually when I told him how, and just sticked with the tilecol that the level editor offers. Which leads to 3 missing features:

polar dimension color+warp background (tileset="4", tilecol="6")
color-changing lab background (tileset="3", tilecol="6").
changing platform speed

Please note that it's possible that I've mixed the numbers @ tileset up - 4 is supposed to be warp zone, 3 is lab. Don't remember if numbers start with 0 or 1 here, and I can't check atm.

ToasterApocalypse

Ok. well lets discuss musicfadein()

How do we use that? Do we do:

play(X)
musicfadein()

or...

musicfadein(X)

FIQ

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 25, 2012, 11:35:18 AM
Ok. well lets discuss musicfadein()

How do we use that? Do we do:

play(X)
musicfadein()

or...

musicfadein(X)

Not sure. The only instance it's used is in Vitellary's "I found a trinket!" scene after finding a trinket (Victoria's foundtrinket scene use "runtrinketscript" instead). Does anyone know if the music works properly there? Because when trying to replicate that script part, it fails and doesn't resume any music. Maybe it only works in the main game?

EDIT: Also, musicfadein() doesn't take any parameter, it's "musicfadein" (or "musicfadein()" if you prefer that)

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on August 25, 2012, 06:13:41 PM
Not sure. The only instance it's used is in Vitellary's "I found a trinket!" scene after finding a trinket (Victoria's foundtrinket scene use "runtrinketscript" instead). Does anyone know if the music works properly there? Because when trying to replicate that script part, it fails and doesn't resume any music. Maybe it only works in the main game?

I tested it, and the music starts at the beginning. Even if you used the jukebox to change to song, it will always change back to Passion For Exploring. Maybe it is used to circumvent the bug in which the music doesn't resume if it was playing earlier?

Hilbert

I'd like an IS tutorial.

Bearboy

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 30, 2012, 02:40:59 PM
I'd like an IS tutorial.
Who knows? They might be making one right this minute.

But it would freaking kill your brain.

Just the concepts of FLAGS confused me.

:verdigris:

Dav999

Quote from: Bearboy on August 30, 2012, 03:05:07 PM
I'd like an IS tutorial.

Actually, I'm working on it, and I'm making a category select screen, in which you can choose from different categories: coloured text, crewmates, sound and effects, the map and rooms teleporting, flags and trinkets, miscellaneous, 2.1-only commands, and the most important one: how to make this work. Because why would we be talking about internal scripting if you couldn't use it in custom levels? :D I will even make trophies for each completed category.

That's not so hard! You can turn it on and off, and check if it's on or off! What's hard about that?

Bearboy

Quote from: Dav999 on August 30, 2012, 03:46:41 PM
That's not so hard! You can turn it on and off, and check if it's on or off! What's hard about that?

That was when i was beginning making levels.

blue626

I'd like an IS tutorial.

Actually, I'm working on it, and I'm making a category select screen, in which you can choose from different categories: coloured text, crewmates, sound and effects, the map and rooms teleporting, flags and trinkets, miscellaneous, 2.1-only commands, and the most important one: how to make this work. Because why would we be talking about internal scripting if you couldn't use it in custom levels? :D I will even make trophies for each completed category.

Do you mean you making a tutorial level like PJ did? It's a good idea to put the "How to use Internal scripting" part first, then put the category selection (or make it so the others are unlocked only after completing that part). Which commands can only be used in 2.1.beta? I only saw costumposition(x). How can you make trophies? Are the trophies going to be trinkets?
EDIT: I read this thread again, and I discovered that changecostummood(colour,0/1) is usable only in 2.1.beta. too. END EDIT.

You can't check directly if it's off. Though, you can check that indirectly with various if flag commands...

I'd like an IS tutorial.

Do you mean IS=Internal Scripting? Some people might not know that's an abbreviation. Use Int. scr. or something.

ToasterApocalypse

Ok. Now lets discuss.... erm...  :-\

Position(X,X)?

As in how do I use that?

Bearboy

I'm distracted by how many pages of posts there are.

And the fact that its just 3-6 people

:vitellary: