Souleye's PPPPPP: VVVVVV Soundtrack is out!

Started by joniho, January 10, 2010, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergio

I'm really digging this! Easily my best game soundtrack of 2010. :P

SoulEye, I thought I'd bring a few things to your attention in case you weren't already aware. Maybe they can't be adjusted now... or maybe they already have without my knowledge! Either way, it's not too important.

1. The track 'Pause' is duplicated as 'Intermission', and the track 'Phear' also appears twice.
2. The tracks 'Pressure Cooker' and 'Pause'/'Intermission' are 128kbps, as opposed to the standard 320kbps, and 'Waiting for VVVVVV' is 64kbps (though I wouldn't be surprised if that last one doesn't exist in any higher quality).
3. There are a bunch of tagging oddities, such as 'Intermission' having no track number, and tracks 'Positive Force' and 'Popular Potpourri' having differing album tags.

Sorry to go on...

SoulEye

:vitellary: What amateur put this together!? I shall slap him around with a large high-frequency trout (:vermillion:) and teach him not to mess up again!  :violet:

This was not the correct zip file!  :victoria: I'm uploading the right one.  :verdigris:

Like you say these are not huge errors (a big error would be like, a song MISSING). I have fixed everything you talked about.

Anybody who wants to redownload the archive, send me a mail if you're having troubles doing so from your donating address.  :viridian:

Thanks for all the info, MUCH appreciated. It's hard being a one-man-band to keep track of all things, and before the release things got kinda hectic.

sergio

Hooray!

...I guess this update will give you an edge over the file sharing sites, which I'm sad to say this has already popped up on. :victoria:

SoulEye

Yeah I noticed. It's kinda expected I guess, though I'm charging such a low price they don't really need to pirate it.

VAgentZero

Thanks to my MP3 player, I've learned today that "Positive Force" makes a fantastic background piece for fixing emergency bugs in software.  Mainly because I broke one of my company's websites three weeks ago with a faulty web.config line and it went unnoticed. :victoria:

SoulEye > VAgentZero.

Requiem

The soundtrack's awesome... It kinda pains me to see you (and Terry) not receiving compensation for your work through piracy, but its to be expected with any game, unfortunately...

My favorites are definitely Pressure Cooker and Positive Force.

SoulEye

It warms my Soul when my Eye reads your kind words and you name your favorites!  :viridian:

Requiem

Haha, I see what you did there...

I'm a musician myself (Guitar and vocals primarily... I know a bit of piano, from lessons in the distant past) and video game music's always been a favorite of mine. I've made a little medley of themes for guitar that is comprised of primarily NES / SNES songs (including Super Mario, Mega Man 2 and others) and I thoroughly enjoy music that pays homage to these eras.

Your tunes for V are perfect for cheering yourself up. Its' mostly the only thing that kept me from smashing my computer on Doing Things the Hard Way...

SoulEye

dinx2582

SoulEye, I just wanted to take this opportunity to personally say that I think you've composed easily one of the best soundtracks to a game that I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.  To say that I'm astonished by the quality would be an understatement.

I couldn't even begin to speculate as to the last time a soundtrack, chiptune or otherwise, has managed to embed itself into my brain in such a quick and unforgettable manner.  Too hell with Virt, and to hell with Paza: from this point forward, any time I have the opportunity to expose someone to amazing, face-melting, ass-kicking chiptune music, I'm throwing on PPPPPP first and foremost.

This simply is an amazing soundtrack, and I can't stress that enough.  It's in my head as I write this, and it can stay there all day as far as I'm concerned.  Again, good job.  You've earned every bit of praise, and then some.  I shudder to think about playing VVVVVV without such a phenomenal auditory experience constantly being laid down on top of it.  You and Terry should keep working together in this capacity, because you both make awesome stuff.

SoulEye

SoulEye

Shameless plug time!

One of the next things I'm working on is the Mega Man 2.5D project.
There's no music released from me YET. That'll come, I've done a few songs already. If you like my songs and you like the songs from Mega Man II and III, this will be like a double whammy for you, so you might wanna check it out.

Here are some clips for ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KMAm_228s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwQtSx6zHw

(You'll want to watch this one too, for fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M&feature=video_response)

If you wanna stay tuned on my musical shenanigans, I recommend following me on Twitter; http://twitter.com/MPSouleye

Requiem

.... I was already looking forward for Mega Man 2.5, and now I'm 3x MORE excited for it.

Shasharala

Whoa.  How have I not heard of this!?
This looks amazing.  I must find more information on it!  :viridian:

SoulEye