THE MACHINE!

Started by Pyrite, August 20, 2012, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrite

Vitellary is a genius so he invented a machine that can teleport their crew back to it if they get lost with their terrible sense of direction.
And, needless to say, they got lost. Again. Except for Viridian. Luckily, the Machine works very easily (but not simply)! Just press the button (you don't have to press the button, he already did) and climb inside. It is a complicated device... and READ THE DESCRIPTION so you don't die so much...

Pyrite

I REALLY hope the 9 people that downloaded it have something to say about it.
And they finished it hopefully, because if they didn't, well...

Dav999

Well, it was a fun level to 'play'. :) How did you make gravity lines in mid-air? Is it 2.1 only?

Quote from: manofperson on August 22, 2012, 06:31:16 PM

I know how it must feel to not receive any feedback, the forum has some ups and downs. Like Monday, there were 55 new posts that day, and that's more than the number of posts on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday combined! And what happened yesterday, the last day the forum had such a low number of posts was 1.5 months ago!

Hilbert

Quote from: Dav999 on August 22, 2012, 07:01:42 PM
Well, it was a fun level to 'play'. :) How did you make gravity lines in mid-air? Is it 2.1 only?

I know how it must feel to not receive any feedback, the forum has some ups and downs. Like Monday, there were 55 new posts that day, and that's more than the number of posts on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday combined! And what happened yesterday, the last day the forum had such a low number of posts was 1.5 months ago!
And today, I was online, and nobody else was on until Dav came and checked who's online

blue626

I was one of the 9 people, but I haven't played your level yet. I'll play it ≈24 hours later. Some hours after that, I'll comment.

Also, off-topic, but PJBottomz made a similar post, even with the same number of downloads! What a coincidence!

Quote from: PJBottomz on December 03, 2011, 03:39:01 AM
Nine downloads. No fucking feedback. :-X If you're a user, give me feedback. If you're a guest, become a user AND GIVE ME FUCKING FEEDBACK!

I mean, god damn! It takes less time to type up a small review than it does to download the damn test. >:D

Wait, 2 new replies have been posted while I was writing!?!? :o

EDIT: Dav999: There is a tile that's invisible, blocks grav. lines, but doesn't block :viridian:. Also, the last day on the forum that had more posts than Monday was some day in July, but the 2nd last day was probably in October 2011!

EDIT 2:
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 22, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

And today, I was online, and nobody else was on until Dav came and checked who's online

I was online today too. Did you check 9 and 5 hours ago?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on August 22, 2012, 07:10:35 PM
Also, off-topic, but PJBottomz made a similar post, even with the same number of downloads! What a coincidence!

Quote from: PJBottomz on December 03, 2011, 03:39:01 AM
Nine downloads. No fucking feedback. :-X If you're a user, give me feedback. If you're a guest, become a user AND GIVE ME FUCKING FEEDBACK!

I mean, god damn! It takes less time to type up a small review than it does to download the damn test. >:D

And he already wrote that one day after making that topic!

Quote from: blue626 on August 22, 2012, 07:10:35 PM
I was online today too. Did you check 9 and 5 hours ago?

I don't know exactly when I was checking who's online. I don't have a log :P  Anyway, 9 hours ago is impossible, 5 hours ago is very well possible.

blue626

I was asking Roskilla, because he said that he was the only one online before you checked who was online. I guess that happened because he's in a different time zone than me.

Bearboy

It seems like everyone is in different timezones.....

EDIT: And now that I think about it, almost everyone here has at least professor rank  :vitellary:

Pyrite

EDIT: Dav999: There is a tile that's invisible, blocks grav. lines, but doesn't block :viridian:. Also, the last day on the forum that had more posts than Monday was some day in July, but the 2nd last day was probably in October 2011!
[/quote]
To be specific, block 26 in every tileset but Space Station.

blue626

I played the level. A DDA level, I see (DDA = don't do anything).
You should move the start postion to a room (or part of a room) without spikes/enemies, because moving slightly will make you die when you shouldn't die and you'll keep dying if you don't move like you're supposed to do. If you start in another room, it'll reset every time and, thus, if you DDA, you won't die.
I don't know if it's a good idea to make the player die various times. Floating checkpoints don't look good, but I don't know if they're bad level design, as I think that there are some in the feauterd level "Deja Verdigris"
I suppose the terminals next to :violet: don't say/do anything, am I right. They shouldn't, as they aren't accessible.

EDIT:
Quote from: Bearboy on August 23, 2012, 08:19:33 AM

There might be 2 people with similar time zones (like 1 hour of difference). It's likely that most of the people have different time zones, though.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, almost everyone here has at least professor rank  :vitellary:

If you mean in this thread, 2 people have a "Captain" rank. We all post frequently.

manofperson: I think you erased one of the start quote [] tags in your post accidentally.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on August 23, 2012, 07:50:40 PM

If you mean in this thread, 2 people have a "Captain" rank. We all post frequently.

manofperson: I think you erased one of the start quote [] tags in your post accidentally.

OT: I just became a captain  :viridian:

Bearboy

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 23, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

This makes me hate you now.

Everyone is captain  :o

Dav999

I already thought: wait, that was in an earlier post already! [scrolls up] Why does he write it again? Is it because he wants to make clear that post has changed? No, nothing has changed. [sees [/quote] tag] Oh, it was supposed to be a quote. ::)

There might be 2 people with similar time zones (like 1 hour of difference). It's likely that most of the people have different time zones, though.

I did notice that a lot of people don't even set their time zone, but you can see they clearly don't live in the GMT-9 area (or they have very strange sleeping habits, sleeping from 3 PM till 9 PM, and staying awake all night, posting here)

I suppose the terminals next to :violet: don't say/do anything, am I right. They shouldn't, as they aren't accessible.

I checked the scripts to check that, and they do nothing

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on August 23, 2012, 08:48:20 PM

I did notice that a lot of people don't even set their time zone, but you can see they clearly don't live in the GMT-9 area (or they have very strange sleeping habits, sleeping from 3 PM till 9 PM, and staying awake all night, posting here)

What do you mean? I have set my time zone (So that the times in the form are equal to my current time) and it doesn't show in my profile. Off-topic (we already are a lot off-topic, but this is even more off-topic!), but the forum regular time-zone was changed by 8 hours 1 or 2 months ago, and I still don't know why. Does GMT-9 correspond to the west of USA or something? Why do you mention it?

Quote from: Bearboy on August 23, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 23, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

This makes me hate you now.

Everyone is captain  :o

Counting only the people that still post here, there are 4 captains. Counting everyone, there are 9 captains. That isn't many, is it? Also, Toaster only posted that post so that he would become one (well, that's what I think). I think that there are 8 people that are at least professors and still post here, ≈20 if I count everyone. I think that still isn't many, for a forum with ≈650 members.

EDIT:

Quote from: Dav999 on August 23, 2012, 08:48:20 PM

I checked the scripts to check that, and they do nothing

Since they are inaccessible, I don't think that's a spoiler.

Capn Muffin

This is really cool, you must have spent a lot of time building and play testing this. Good work!

Is this level supposed to be explored or just enjoyed? I tried exploring but got stuck a lot.