Author Topic: VVVVVV Port ideas?  (Read 5192 times)

FIQ

• Captain
  • https://github.com/FredrIQ/
    • View Profile
    • FIQ
Re: VVVVVV Port ideas?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
I wonder, will 1.2 be ported (easy way, but without custom levels), or will 2.x be remade back to flash?

Maybe it will be made the same way as the 3DS version. However, I think that a flash version is the most likely, because SH and DLB were also made in Flash.

Can you also import levels in the 3DS version? It would be very nice if you could do that in the iPhone version, and there are three possibilities how to do that (as long as it is supported in Flash):
  • The ability to transfer levels through iTunes (you can transfer files to an app through iTunes!)
  • The ability to put levels on a server, so they can also be downloaded by other people (may be hard to do)
  • The ability, if you use a browser and you want to download a .vvvvvv file, to open it in VVVVVV (this can also be done, it happens already with some apps in combination with certain file types). It would require supporting .vvvvvv files on this forum, or the VVVVVV app would need to be able to open .zip files, and then detect whether it's a level or not. (and that an error occurs if it isn't a level)
3DS doesn't support importing levels. That's too bad, I though it was easy enough to be worth implementing :/

Bearboy

• Captain
  • guy
    • View Profile
    • Bearboys Youtube
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:44:48 AM »
off the topic of vvvvvv, what about super hexagon on the 3ds? 3D effect would work great there  :vitellary:

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 06:49:11 AM »
off the topic of vvvvvv, what about super hexagon on the 3ds? 3D effect would work great there  :vitellary:

Yes, with 3D walls!

UberHacker

• Professor
  • "One does not simply telnet into Mordor!"
    • View Profile
    • If this page doesn't load properly for you, SHAME!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
I believe I've already mentioned this... (http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=1220.0)

I also own the 3DS version and I'm trying to work on a level import workaround (without breaking my copy of the game  :viridian:).

I'll see what I can do as far as tweaks and ports go...

Chillius

• Captain
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »
It's actually coming soon! ;D
android tablets?

For that, just change 'ios' in the url to 'android'. BTW, Super Hexagon is still listed as 'coming soon' for android there!