Beta 1.0

• Initial Release

PyNe

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU
I rage quitted after a ridiculous death on quick sandbox  :violet:

Dav999

That was great! I beat it with all trinkets. :viridian:

FIQ

Remaking VVVVVV in hard mode would actually be a cool idea. Too bad you can't alter polar dimension progress though (or making The Tower at all).

EDIT: or enemies

Cool level!

allison

Quote from: FIQ on October 21, 2012, 01:27:26 PM
Remaking VVVVVV in hard mode would actually be a cool idea. Too bad you can't alter polar dimension progress though (or making The Tower at all).

The general idea with is to, with enemies, make do with 16x16 (which can already been seen), make the polar dimension a separate level, and make explore the possibilities of a 1x20 level with the Tower (and no, not Veni Vidi Vici, we actually have Veni Vidi Vici for that  :vermillion:)

EDIT: Come to think of it, it may be possible to use different enemy sizes with a text editor...

FIQ

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 21, 2012, 02:20:29 PM

The general idea with is to, with enemies, make do with 16x16 (which can already been seen), make the polar dimension a separate level, and make explore the possibilities of a 1x20 level with the Tower (and no, not Veni Vidi Vici, we actually have Veni Vidi Vici for that  :vermillion:)

EDIT: Come to think of it, it may be possible to use different enemy sizes with a text editor...
It's not possible to use another enemy type than 16x16 due to how they're created internally, sadly.

Would an exact copy of Dimension VVVVVV help you? I have one (the map except the tower plus checkpoints and trinkets).

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on October 21, 2012, 02:27:06 PM
It's not possible to use another enemy type than 16x16 due to how they're created internally, sadly.

:viridian:

Would an exact copy of Dimension VVVVVV help you? I have one (the map except the tower plus checkpoints and trinkets).

Did you made an exact copy?

allison

An exact copy? THAT would have been good to know.  :vitellary:

Quote from: Dav999 on October 21, 2012, 03:05:05 PM

Tell me how. NOW.

Dav999

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 21, 2012, 03:10:39 PM

Tell me how. NOW.

Sorry, but it's just a red crewmate with a sprite changed with changetile(red,28) :D That means it doesn't move and it doesn't hurt. If you're in a cutscene, you can make it move with chaneai(red,followposition,x), but you can't make it move forever while you can still control :viridian:. So it's fine for a short cutscene in which you flash back to some other areas (like the ones after you finish the first level, when you see the locations of the crewmates one by one), but not after that, unless you only want the sprite.

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on October 21, 2012, 03:53:59 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on October 21, 2012, 03:10:39 PM

Tell me how. NOW.

Sorry, but it's just a red crewmate with a sprite changed with changetile(red,28) :D That means it doesn't move and it doesn't hurt. If you're in a cutscene, you can make it move with chaneai(red,followposition,x), but you can't make it move forever while you can still control :viridian:. So it's fine for a short cutscene in which you flash back to some other areas (like the ones after you finish the first level, when you see the locations of the crewmates one by one), but not after that, unless you only want the sprite.
Well, so technically it's not an enemy, right? ;)

(I also was aware of this, you used it in dimension dimension :P)

Anyway, crazyal02, I'll upload my copy of the dimension in a few hours, but it's currently unavailable as it isn't made yet it's on another computer.

Hilbert

(and no, not Veni Vidi Vici, we actually have Veni Vidi Vici for that  :vermillion:)
Thumbs point to mee!

allison

eh DUDES!

A new version just happened! Now the laboratory is finished. +, "Quicksand Box" was nerfed: the spikes are no longer hidden by disappearing blocks. In addition to these, I'm pretty sure I made some level design tweaks I forgot about.

ToasterApocalypse

Downloaded.

I'm gonna play this, and then probably make a harder mode.  :vermillion:

allison

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 28, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
Downloaded.

Yes, because in Super Meat Boy Expert Remix wasn't considered unfair at all.

allison

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 01, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on December 01, 2012, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 28, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
Downloaded.

Yes, because in Super Meat Boy Expert Remix wasn't considered unfair at all.

Exactly.

Only I never played Super Meat Boy.

Well. In Super Meat Boy, there is a parallel dimension known as the Dark World. The levels contained therein are harder than normal versions of the normal levels. General consensus: Added a lot more fun to the game, by providing an extra challenge. Then, the developers release a DLC: Expert Remix. Even harder than Dark World!

General consensus: Too hard even by SMB standards.