Previous topic - Next topic

Hilbert

FIQ, I need that exact copy. Please.

FIQ

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on December 14, 2012, 09:54:21 PM
FIQ, I need that exact copy. Please.
Ok, sec, will come up shortly.

Do note the following:
* The Tower isn't in, obviously. The rooms using Tower Tileset use space station tileset instead.
* The Polar Dimension isn't in (I planned to replace part of the tower part with intermission 2 but never did)
* Terminals, enemies, non-collectible trinkets aren't included at all, and some checkpoints are mis-aligned due to custom level limitations. I plan on fixing this with internal scripting, but haven't done it. I can upload an update when this is done if you like. This was why I didn't upload it earlier as it wasn't finished.
* Alternative version of rooms (using altstate()) aren't in. I planned on placing them in The Tower, but haven't done it.

The rooms, which are the most important thing, and trinkets + checkpoints + music changes are in, except when noted above.

[attachment goes here shortly]

FIQ

D'oh, of course my internet connection fails right when I'm going to upload the file...
Oh well, here it is.

There's probably one trinket missing (tested the level quickly before uploading), but the important highlight with this file is that the full map of Dimension VVVVVV is there, minus the tower.

No scripts, one missing trinket (unintentionally), some mis-aligned checkpoints due to limitations in the level editor, no tower, no enemies, no warp tokens, no terminals, no start position (unintentionally). no elephant, no trophies, no super gravitron (unintentionally).

Lord Ghetsis

Dude, how`d you add the changing colours? Really wanna know so I can do the same  :verdigris:

allison

Quote from: BisonMan12 on June 05, 2013, 11:45:38 AM
Dude, how`d you add the changing colours? Really wanna know so I can do the same  :verdigris:

Externally edit the level file with a normal text editor. Find the line that has the roomname in it. In the same line, change:

"tilecol"=whatever
to
"tilecol"=6

If you're using the Lab tileset in that room, it'll change colors.

A Yellow Person

Quote from: crazyal02 on December 02, 2012, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 01, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on December 01, 2012, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 28, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
Downloaded.

I'm gonna play this, and then probably make a harder mode.  :vermillion:

Yes, because in Super Meat Boy Expert Remix wasn't considered unfair at all.

Exactly.

Only I never played Super Meat Boy.

Well. In Super Meat Boy, there is a parallel dimension known as the Dark World. The levels contained therein are harder than normal versions of the normal levels. General consensus: Added a lot more fun to the game, by providing an extra challenge. Then, the developers release a DLC: Expert Remix. Even harder than Dark World!

General consensus: Too hard even by SMB standards.
Well,I did expert remix with 0 deaths.
All A+ rankings

allison

Quote from: A Yellow Person on June 05, 2013, 07:56:52 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on December 02, 2012, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 01, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on December 01, 2012, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 28, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
Downloaded.

I'm gonna play this, and then probably make a harder mode.  :vermillion:

Yes, because in Super Meat Boy Expert Remix wasn't considered unfair at all.

Exactly.

Only I never played Super Meat Boy.

Well. In Super Meat Boy, there is a parallel dimension known as the Dark World. The levels contained therein are harder than normal versions of the normal levels. General consensus: Added a lot more fun to the game, by providing an extra challenge. Then, the developers release a DLC: Expert Remix. Even harder than Dark World!

General consensus: Too hard even by SMB standards.
Well,I did expert remix with 0 deaths.
All A+ rankings

You are a crazy person

allison

Ever wonder what Veni Vidi Vici would be like with enemies?

weee50

Quote from: crazyal02 on June 30, 2013, 09:15:16 PM
Ever wonder what Veni Vidi Vici would be like with enemies?
REALLY HARD! Ah! This is going to be nearly impossible! But which smiley would it be? :);):D , ;D , >:( , :( , :o , 8) , ??? , ::) , :P , :-[ , :-X , :-\ , :-* , :'( , :viridian: , :victoria: , :vermillion: , :vitellary: , :verdigris: or  :violet: ? And how many? 1? 2? 3? 4? 10100?

allison

Quote from: weee50 on June 30, 2013, 11:47:54 PM
Ah! This is going to be nearly impossible! But which smiley would it be? :);):D , ;D , >:( , :( , :o , 8) , ??? , ::) , :P , :-[ , :-X , :-\ , :-* , :'( , :viridian: , :victoria: , :vermillion: , :vitellary: , :verdigris: or  :violet: ? And how many? 1? 2? 3? 4? 10100?

No matter how cool move is, you shouldn't use it everywhere WAIT WHAT AGH

allison

Huge update with cool stuff added! :viridian:

Ventilation System eventually sends you back to LED, just saying.
That's a room with hidden block, but it's too hard to show you as it's unnamed.
Also, rooms are hard, with Dissonance, Evacating something being hardest.
And you must get stuck in platforms in Ha Ha Ha I'm serious.
The Labyrinth-->Two places at once transition is BS.
Let's Do This makes me cry. It took me really long time to figure out what I'm supposed to do...
Then, it's impossible to teleport from To the Batmobile to the next room. I'm stuck, (or are there any secret tricks?)

allison

This is why I shouldn't upload incomplete levels... Though this feedback is valuable!

Quote from: nicholashin on July 03, 2013, 08:53:58 AM
1. Ventilation System eventually sends you back to LED, just saying.
2. That's a room with hidden block, but it's too hard to show you as it's unnamed.
3. Also, rooms are hard, with Dissonance, Evacating something being hardest.
4. And you must get stuck in platforms in Ha Ha Ha I'm serious.
5. The Labyrinth-->Two places at once transition is BS.
6. Let's Do This makes me cry. It took me really long time to figure out what I'm supposed to do...
7. Then, it's impossible to teleport from To the Batmobile to the next room. I'm stuck, (or are there any secret tricks?)

1. That's a bug with warp lines. I think I'll just have to make it wrap vertically.
2. Pretty difficult to know which room it is... Can you provide a screenshot?
3. The rooms being really hard is pretty much the whole point of the map, but I guess I should tone down some of the harder ones...
4. I didn't intend having to do that... I'll see how I can fix that.
5 and 6. I'll work on that.
7. Again: incomplete. Chances are I forgot to place a warp token... :P

1. I know this. This was very annoying when I was working on rooms with warp lines.
2. (20,17)
3. Well I think it's good for having a high overall difficulty, especially since its intended. I would prefer you to alter the lower parts of the original driller sequence though.
4-6. Thanks!
7. It's just that the warp token DESTINATION is wrongly placed....

allison

Quote from: nicholashin on July 04, 2013, 11:37:47 PM
7. It's just that the warp token DESTINATION is wrongly placed....

Good to know :viridian: