Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on November 16, 2012, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 01:45:04 PM

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on November 14, 2012, 11:36:52 PM
WHY. :victoria: Also, HOW. :vitellary:

What do you mean 'how' and 'why'?

Well, by "how", I meant "How did you get the part before that to work?" I suppose I don't know a lot of the finer details of scripting (especially internal scripting), so I don't quite know how you [removed] Although I guess I do remember seeing something like that on another level now. The "why" was just my (admittedly exaggerated) reaction to how the plot went. I still love the level, but as you predicted earlier, the ending was a bit of a punch. Also, note the faces I used in my original post. I guess I'll see what happens in the rest of the level.

The level you're talking about might be Dimension A by Dav999 (I did put a link in the OP) where he made Verdigris the playable character. He used the command 'changecolour(cyan,green)', where I used 'changecolour(cyan,red)

Dav999

Actually, changecolour(cyan,X) is changeplayercolour(X).

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 16, 2012, 10:40:35 PM

They both do the same thing, right?

Oh and don't bother with 2.0 convertions until the full thing is done, we'll get stuck in an infinite loop of you doing EVERYTHING again.

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 10:47:14 PM

Not if there's more than one :viridian: in a room, or if you want to change back to cyan. If you want to change the color of the controllable character, I'd always use changeplayercolour(X). It's made for that!

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 16, 2012, 11:07:47 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 10:47:14 PM

Not if there's more than one :viridian: in a room, or if you want to change back to cyan. If you want to change the color of the controllable character, I'd always use changeplayercolour(X). It's made for that!

I don't think I'm ever going to need that.
Chapter 2 is the only part of the game where you play as a different crewmember.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 09:49:30 PM
The level you're talking about might be Dimension A by Dav999 (I did put a link in the OP) where he made Verdigris the playable character. He used the command 'changecolour(cyan,green)', where I used 'changecolour(cyan,red)

Yep, that's the one. Good to know.  :viridian:

avengah

Actually, there are problems with two Cyans in a room. Happy and Sad commands with no argument always seem to affect the one that isn't the player. You can see this in the level "In Pursuing Design" where it's weird simply because the other Viridian is supposed to be a dead body.

And text commands always appear above the player, not the non-player, I think. I could be wrong there, though. In order to get the text in the right place, internal scripting may be required.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 17, 2012, 12:54:53 PM
Actually, there are problems with two Cyans in a room. Happy and Sad commands with no argument always seem to affect the one that isn't the player. You can see this in the level "In Pursuing Design" where it's weird simply because the other Viridian is supposed to be a dead body.

And text commands always appear above the player, not the non-player, I think. I could be wrong there, though. In order to get the text in the right place, internal scripting may be required.

The more I know

ding

Hilbert

Quote from: avengah on November 17, 2012, 12:54:53 PM
in simplified,
reply(X)goes over the player, but in 2.1,
say(X,cyan)goes over NPC Viridian.

avengah

You didn't fix skipping the third phase of the boss fight. Inch towards the red thing from the left. You'll still slide through to the third red thing. Also, the Trinket refinery repeats itself. As does the rescuing Verdigris script if you go back etc. amongst others.

Just wondering. You know you need loadscript(stop) to prevent gibberish in a text box, right? Can you use customloadscript(something) to prevent the gibberish as well, by loading one of your own scripts (possibly just a simple script)?

And the room Up Down looks like it should have a hidden trinket in it. Otherwise, what's the point of that column of quicksand that you don't need to bother with?

Finally, press R while playing as Red and you become Cyan again.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 17, 2012, 01:43:45 PM
You didn't fix skipping the third phase of the boss fight. Inch towards the red thing from the left. You'll still slide through to the third red thing. Also, the Trinket refinery repeats itself. As does the rescuing Verdigris script if you go back etc. amongst others.

Just wondering. You know you need loadscript(stop) to prevent gibberish in a text box, right? Can you use customloadscript(something) to prevent the gibberish as well, by loading one of your own scripts (possibly just a simple script)?

And the room Up Down looks like it should have a hidden trinket in it. Otherwise, what's the point of that column of quicksand that you don't need to bother with?

Finally, press R while playing as Red and you become Cyan again.

1: Ok, I'll try and fix that AGAIN.
2: Not sure. I use text(1,0,0,4) more anyway.
3: TO DO: Replace quicksand wall with blocks.
4: Cannot fix that. You can do that in Dimension A as well. You can also break it by quicksaving and re-entering.

Dav999

You can't do it that way, but you can use customiftrinkets(0,script) instead.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 17, 2012, 04:18:53 PM

You can't do it that way, but you can use customiftrinkets(0,script) instead.

(collects a trinket)

AAAAAA

Dav999

Do you know what iftrinkets means? It's not 'if the number of trinkets is equal to' but 'if the number of trinkets is equal to or greater than'.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 17, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
Do you know what iftrinkets means? It's not 'if the number of trinkets is equal to' but 'if the number of trinkets is equal to or greater than'.

Oh. I didn't know that at all!  :-[