1 (3.1%)
butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

avengah

Thanks! I'd just thought of a way to fix glitches related to pressing R in cutscenes, if you feel it's necessary. Consider it a minor fix, though, so don't bother with it until the next update. Although thinking about it, you might have already done this!

I was just thinking that you should set the current checkpoint every time a room transition or some other movement occurs in a cutscene. That way, if you press R, you'll just reappear in the same spot.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 27, 2012, 03:54:52 AM
Thanks! I'd just thought of a way to fix glitches related to pressing R in cutscenes, if you feel it's necessary. Consider it a minor fix, though, so don't bother with it until the next update. Although thinking about it, you might have already done this!

I was just thinking that you should set the current checkpoint every time a room transition or some other movement occurs in a cutscene. That way, if you press R, you'll just reappear in the same spot.

So, does that mean there are no more things I can fix and I can start making chapter 4?

YESS

avengah

Yeah, sure. Just out of interest and curiosity, why is there a checkpoint in the Chapter 3 part of the introductory screens? It's weird being put back there again if you press R during the initial cutscene.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 27, 2012, 03:25:30 PM
Yeah, sure. Just out of interest and curiosity, why is there a checkpoint in the Chapter 3 part of the introductory screens? It's weird being put back there again if you press R during the initial cutscene.

Don't know what you're talking about.

avengah

At the start, go to the info screens. There's a checkpoint in the final one before you're sent back to the Insert Coin room. It didn't used to be there.

EDIT: I've replicated the glitch that warps you from the Abandoned Worksite to the top left or bottom left corner. It's not guaranteed to happen but I find it's most likely to happen if you fall up through several screens and hit the leftmost warp token (or two leftmost tokens together). I think it may be to do with the speed you're travelling; if you're partially off the top of the screen when you warp maybe? Solution: lower the warps by one square. Maybe.

Something else you might want to fix: the final trinket and checkpoint should be swapped. Put the checkpoint before the trinket, if you don't want people to press R before hitting it so they don't have to get back.

Flushex

Sorry to be late on the feedback, but I played it, and as usual loved it.

I didn't really notice any of the problems that Avengah pointed out, but then again I wasn't really pressing R all the time for no reason. I did notice one horrendous typo that completely broke my immersion in the story and totally ruined the level for me.

The line was supposed to be: "He got captured by this Vertigo man", but instead it says "He got captured by this Veritgo man". This is appalling and unacceptable Toaster. /sarcasm

I honestly wish I had more to say. I was the very first download of chapter 3 and was expecting more bugs, but I didn't really stumble across any. The gravitron onslaught was great, as well as the second boss fight (I see you made it more difficult than the first btw, which was one thing I recommended).

I think my issue is I get too wrapped up in actually playing the level, and I forget that I'm supposed to be bugtesting it too, which is what Avengah was doing more of.

Anyway, nice job. Looking forward to ch. 4!

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: Flushex on November 29, 2012, 04:42:43 AM
I think my issue is I get too wrapped up in actually playing the level, and I forget that I'm supposed to be bugtesting it too, which is what Avengah was doing more of.

Same here... I know it would probably be more helpful to point out random bugs and such, but that seems too much like work at times... :vermillion:

I really just play the levels, and usually enjoy them. Really, unless something majorly weird happens to me, I won't notice anything aside from graphical issues. But that does make me think of one thing back in Chapter 2 I noticed, which is almost certainly a bug with the game and not fixable. The single boxes used to end the gravlines in Line Guards can be glitched into if you try to stand on them wrong. I think if you hit the edge of the box and move in towards it, it doesn't know there's a wall until you're trapped in it. Like I said, it's a problem with the game, but something to watch for nonetheless. Especially when my main way through the top-right of the room involves standing on the box... I didn't mention it until now because I know there's no way to fix it, and I'm only mentioning it at all because my bug-finding for Chapter 3 didn't find much, if anything.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on November 29, 2012, 04:42:43 AM
The line was supposed to be: "He got captured by this Vertigo man", but instead it says "He got captured by this Veritgo man". This is appalling and unacceptable Toaster. /sarcasm

CRAP!  >:(

A SPELLING ERROR? I SHALL FIX IT!

Pyrite

dammit vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv needs more than 1 checkpoint I can't beat it because I fall in the spikes behind the roomname that are really unfair

ToasterApocalypse

I'm gonna do some sort of poll thing.

I'll do this trinket one first.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Hardest Trinket: I don't really know, but there's only one out of the choices given I found particularly "hard". Ace of Hearts could be annoying as it makes you do the room twice, but I never had TOO much trouble with the room. I was completely expecting there to be something like that in the Rotary area, and made sure to check everywhere I could to try and find stuff. So of those three, I'd say The Trinketeer gave me by far the most trouble. I did find the room eventually, by the way. I think I may have gotten a trinket of some kind there in an earlier version, but maybe not in that room. Or I could just be forgetting stuff. It's entirely possible. Either way, I found it. And died many times trying to get it. So there's my vote. :viridian:

EDIT: Voting closes July 23, 2037? I am amused.

ToasterApocalypse

Chapter 4 released, with visual upgrades to the Warp Zone, new trinket challenges and more!

New poll as well.

EDIT: #6 topic by replies. What do?

Flushex

YES! I'm first download again! I won't be able to get to it til later tonight, but I'm excited.

FIQ

You can sequence break directly to Glitch City as soon as you start the level due to the go-through-inversion-planes bug.

Flushex

Quote from: FIQ on December 08, 2012, 12:34:06 AM
You can sequence break directly to Glitch City as soon as you start the level due to the go-through-inversion-planes bug.

I hate that bug. Is the only way for him to fix it to change the bounce barrier into a warp token barrier?