Window size gets ruined with V2.1 patch on Linux

Started by MegaBrutal, December 03, 2012, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaBrutal

Hi there,

I've reported a bug to Terry that the game doesn't remember the set Window size after I close the game. ("...the game fails to memorize that it should switch to x4 windowed mode when I quit and start the game again. (Strange, however, because it shows x4 selected in the settings, but it's not x4-sized actually.") Then Terry directed me to this thread to apply the V2.1 patch which addresses this problem.

Now the game seems to remember the window size... but the content in the window doesn't get scaled appropriately. No matter how I try to set another window size in the "graphics options" menu, the window size changes, but the content never gets rescaled appropriately. This problem didn't appear in V2.0.

A screenshot should appear below (if not, either it is not loaded yet, or my server went down again).

UPDATE: The content gets rescaled appropriately when I disable OpenGL support. Then I can resize the window with OpenGL support disabled, and the content gets resized correctly. Then I can even re-enable OpenGL, the content size stays the same. BUT when I change the window size again with OpenGL enabled, the problem is present again: the window size changes, but the content size stays the same (whatever size I set before re-enabling OpenGL). Phew! Quite complicated. Just ask if something is not clear!

FIQ

I also encountered this issue, it's extremly annoying... Ended up just using x1 and nothing else.

Didn't know about disabling openGL work-around, thanks for telling!