(Beta Build 2) The Rainbow Factory

Started by ToasterApocalypse, December 15, 2012, 11:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm out of level ideas, what should I make?

Finish this one first
8 (38.1%)
A LONG ONE
0 (0%)
A SHORT ONE (funny, LONG is shorter than SHORT, which is longer than LONG)
1 (4.8%)
A mix between PJ's Playerz and an arcade thing that involves playing as crewmates to solve puzzles
3 (14.3%)
A GIANT INTERMISSION
6 (28.6%)
Save the Vitellarys
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

ToasterApocalypse

This is my 6th level (The others are ABCDEFG, WWWWWW, Switchback, Computer Crisis and Trials of Emerald) And basically, I was planning on adding this to Switchback but never did. ANYWAY, details.

LENGTH
It's a beta. It's not very long at all. I can beat it within 2 minutes.

DIFFICULTY
Bleh, easy.

CREWMATES
:vermillion:

SCREENSHOTS:

CHANGELOG:
Build 2:
Added second segment.
Fixed wallglitches in Pillars Of Creation
Nerfed Tunnel Of Cyanide
Nerfed You're Starving Again as well, but it didn't need one.
The story is now about  :vermillion: instead of  :victoria:

Build 1 (0.0 beta)
Released the first segment.

DOWNLOAD:

SomniRespiratory Flux

Well, that took me a little longer than two minutes. But not more than ten. I forgot to check at the end. Oops. ::)

The difficulty wasn't too bad, but I'd say it was still harder than most of the original game. The conveyor-belt part toward the end took most of the time I was in the level. Kept dying stupid, stupid deaths. :victoria:

The one thing I noticed was that the transition from Don't Starve to Puzzled Pirate seemed a bit jarring. Not hard to figure out, but just out of nowhere. Only a minor issue, really.

Overall not too bad for a beta level. :viridian:

Flushex

Nice. I can tell I already like the level design graphically. Reminds me a little bit of Unknown Dimension. I'll play this tomorrow.

A nice one, although I think the conveyor belt at the end seems to appear out of place.
Love the graphics  :viridian:

Flushex

There's a pretty nasty wall glitch when entering pillars of creation. Other than that, it was pretty fun. Took me way longer than two minutes as well, but I really like the look of the level, and I think it could potentially be a great level if you keep it up.

TwiGav

I really wish I could play this!  :victoria:

Anyway, you should make a trinket one.

Pyrite

TwiGav

...TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG?!?!?!? :violet:

*cough*

I have the 3DS version.

Hilbert

Quote from: TwiGav on December 18, 2012, 08:32:41 PM

*cough*

I have the 3DS version.
I do too, but I play levels here.

blue626

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on December 18, 2012, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: TwiGav on December 18, 2012, 08:32:41 PM

*cough*

I have the 3DS version.
I do too, but I play levels here.

He meant that he has only the 3DS version. You have both the computer and 3DS versions. You can only play user levels that come from here with the computer version.

ToasterApocalypse

I was just going through the level file (yes, Build 2 is coming) and I saw this.

p5="320" p6="240">Who is Vex69's
            </edentity>
            <edentity x="135" y="55" t="10" p1="1" p2="0" p3="0" p4="0" p5="320" p6="240">Favorite Binding of Isaac

WHAT
ISAAC BE HAXING MY LEVELS

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 26, 2012, 06:37:45 PM
I was just going through the level file (yes, Build 2 is coming) and I saw this.

p5="320" p6="240">Who is Vex69&apos;s
            </edentity>
            <edentity x="135" y="55" t="10" p1="1" p2="0" p3="0" p4="0" p5="320" p6="240">Favorite Binding of Isaac

WHAT

You're not the only one...

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on December 26, 2012, 06:47:55 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 26, 2012, 06:37:45 PM

p5="320" p6="240">Who is Vex69&apos;s
            </edentity>

WHAT

You're not the only one...

How strange.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Strange. I just got gifted that game yesterday. I haven't downloaded it yet. Now I'm kinda scared to. ???

Dav999

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on December 26, 2012, 07:04:17 PM
Strange. I just got gifted that game yesterday. I haven't downloaded it yet. Now I'm kinda scared to. ???

Oh, you don't notice anything in the level itself. I tried deleting some of these strange lines (after making a back-up, of course), and enemies and platforms were deleted.