The Colour Spiral

Started by sv6z2, January 04, 2013, 11:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sv6z2

A little level I made with four colour zones and an unfinished polar dimension.
Download:

sv6z2

Normal mode complete! Hard coming soon!  :viridian:

Nice level! Some good ideas, although there are a few things that I feel slightly strange.

This one can result in situation like this. I like the design of the room though.

The surprise unfortunately comes to the fact that whether you drop to the warp token at right direction. You can get insta-killed.

The spikes at side are strange because it seems weird to have such gap in this design.
The idea is good but I think the transition to the next room can be better.
The first time enterting the next room, I got killed by spikes underneath the inversion planes.

Just asking a question, are you supposed to use the inversion planes? It looks good there, but I was wondering its purpose.

The impossible thing is to go back =.=
I can work my way near the beginning, but then I can't go anymore.
Finally, is the trinket zone not supposed to work now? It does not seem to be right now.

I love the level very much overall though. The difficulty is 'just right' - not so hard that you can barely pass rooms or so easy that you complete it too quickly.
The design and look of rooms are great.
I hope you can create more levels :D

sv6z2

Quote from: nicholashin on January 04, 2013, 01:31:26 PM
Nice level! Some good ideas, although there are a few things that I feel slightly strange.

This one can result in situation like this. I like the design of the room though.

The surprise unfortunately comes to the fact that whether you drop to the warp token at right direction. You can get insta-killed.

The spikes at side are strange because it seems weird to have such gap in this design.
The first time enterting the next room, I got killed by spikes underneath the inversion planes.

Just asking a question, are you supposed to use the inversion planes? It looks good there, but I was wondering its purpose.

Finally, is the trinket zone not supposed to work now? It does not seem to be right now.

I love the level very much overall though. The difficulty is 'just right' - not so hard that you can barely pass rooms or so easy that you complete it too quickly.

Ok, as for the first pic, there is a trick script behind the line ( :D) so you have to go back a room.
The second pic, that room I made hard on purpose to make the difficulty rise and the hard mode is
HELL  :vermillion:.
The red|yellow split-up is to test timing and I put the spikes underneath for decoration but I
didn't know it could be such a hazard.
No you are not supposed to use the inversion planes but in the level beta (before this level came
into public) they were used.
Oh, sorry! I forgot to put the crew in!
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

sv6z2

sv6z2

Quote from: nicholashin on January 04, 2013, 01:31:26 PM

(Hint: You're supposed to collect all trinkets to beat the level)

Dav999

Quote from: SolVVVVVVingPuzzles on January 04, 2013, 02:00:19 PM
Here:

And the hard mode (inept2).

Maybe it's a good idea to attach them to the first post, so people don't think the old version is the newest version?

sv6z2

Hard mode:

blue626

Did you read Dav999's post well? ???

Pyrite

The screenshots look OK but you don't crop so great. Also we use the same windows aero color scheme, what a coincidence!

...........the screenshots are not made by the OP. I used the cropping tool in Windows 7, so they weren't made that great....

Pyrite

Quote from: nicholashin on January 16, 2013, 12:05:06 PM
...........the screenshots are not made by the OP. I used the cropping tool in Windows 7, so they weren't made that great....
I just noticed that. I use crop tool in MS Paint and my screens are fine. Why do you have chinese letters or whatever?

Dav999

Quote from: manofperson on January 16, 2013, 10:09:30 PM
Why do you have chinese letters or whatever?

I also noticed that, but I think that's Chinese handwriting recognition which is always on top.

Flushex

This level is pretty fun!

One thing I noticed, when exiting this room:

I float into endless outerspace.

Edit: Ah, I just noticed you mentioned that part of the map is unfinished.

Pyrite

Quote from: nicholashin on January 16, 2013, 11:19:31 PM
I am a Chinese.....more accurately a HongKonger. That is a Chinese inputting application - literally translated as "nine squares"...
It's possible to mke it disappear temporary - I just forgot about it  :-[
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.