Author Topic: My level: Fragments v0.2  (Read 2762 times)

nicholashin

• Professor
  • is addicted to making levels
    • View Profile
My level: Fragments v0.2
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:23 AM »
So I finally designed a new level. I integrated ideas from levels I made before to make a 10x12 level.
It's fairly large, although quite some space is occupied by the warp zone.
The level includes a "ship", a crowded "Outer Space", uncreative Platform Zone, Inversion Zone, a large Warp Zone (Maze), Conveyor Zone (like a easier Conveyor Vun), Warp Token Zone (guess what it does?) and a final, quite difficult zone.
I have a feel that sometimes I make rooms too hard. Please tell me if some rooms are too difficult.
There's a little bit of story in the level too, although my main focus is gameplay.
Thank you! I will update this for balance (usually nerfing) :)

EDIT: v0.2 release! I just attach the new version :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:55:09 AM by nicholashin »

blue626

• Captain
  • I changed my avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: My level: Fragments (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »
My beta do you mean that you didn't build the whole level yet or do you mean that it may still have bugs and rooms that are too hard/easy?
If it's the 1st case, then I'll wait until you finish it. If it's the 2nd, then... I'm not sure if I'll play it since I have other levels to play.

nicholashin

• Professor
    • View Profile
Re: My level: Fragments (Beta)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
My beta do you mean that you didn't build the whole level yet or do you mean that it may still have bugs and rooms that are too hard/easy?
If it's the 1st case, then I'll wait until you finish it. If it's the 2nd, then... I'm not sure if I'll play it since I have other levels to play.

I'm just worried that some rooms may be too hard. The construction of the level is complete.  :viridian:
You don't have to rush to play this, really, it can be played as you like.
But, maybe I should change it to something like v0.0 instead?

nicholashin

• Professor
    • View Profile
Re: My level: Fragments v0.0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:46 AM »
v0.0 release! New version attached in the first post  :viridian:
Please give me some comments so that I can adjust it  :vitellary:

Flushex

• Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »
What little of the level I've played I like. Unfortunately right now I'm stuck here:

I've collected three trinkets, and the grav line barrier is still there. I am unable to backtrack to the previous room due to the way the room is set up, and therefore I can't reactivate the terminal. I could be missing something, but I think this might need a tweak.

Also, the problem with not having room names in a level is it makes it very hard to point how mistakes/advice/things we like here on the forums without creating screenshots. I've noticed a couple of small things that would be easier to point out if I had a room name to reference it too.

So far, I like the design though. I might restart and try one of the other pathways and see how far I can get from there.

nicholashin

• Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:12:15 AM »
Oh I missed this. I have updated the attachment and you should be able to backtrack now :D

EDIT: I changed some parts to make things look better :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:56:14 AM by nicholashin »