Lab-Cave [First Level I Made :s]

Started by A quite MEDICal Derpfish, January 27, 2013, 03:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How difficult is this level? (If you played it)

Horrifyingly Hard! :victoria:
0 (0%)
Kind of Hard...
2 (66.7%)
Medium Difficulty
0 (0%)
Bit too easy
1 (33.3%)
Way too easy :vitellary:
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Crewmates:  :vermillion:

Trinkets: 4

Difficulty: Medium/Hard (May vary)

If you find any glitches/impossible parts, let me know.

Edit: GET THE SECOND VERSION OR IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE

inb4 rage critics

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Screenshot from level. Currently fixing a few impossible parts.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Derpfish on January 27, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE

A PORTAL 2 REFERENCE

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Version 2
------------

Re-tested, found a few impossible parts and made it possible.

No downloads qq

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

2 More Screenshots (Not all of the rooms are blue, trust me.)

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on January 27, 2013, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: Derpfish on January 27, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE

A PORTAL 2 REFERENCE

I suppose it's not so much of a death trap as a death option... :vermillion:

SomniRespiratory Flux

I tried to download both versions of this level just now, but when I went to unzip the files, it said that they were invalid and refused to display the contents... I think this is a problem. ???

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on January 27, 2013, 11:36:20 PM
I tried to download both versions of this level just now, but when I went to unzip the files, it said that they were invalid and refused to display the contents... I think this is a problem. ???

Hmm, maybe it's because I tried to change the .rars to .zips...

I'll try it again shortly.

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Okay, this should work. Hopefully.  :victoria:

SomniRespiratory Flux

Ok, that worked. I'm not quite sure what happened. Also, if you want to make sure that people don't download an earlier version, you can always edit your initial post to include the latest version of the level. Just a tip. :viridian:

SomniRespiratory Flux

Played through the level some just now. It's a... weird... level, I would say. For the most part, the difficulty was not too bad, but a few places were a lot easier to die at than others. Notably, the room Patience Is A Virtue was mildly frustrating. Other than that and some aesthetic issues (single tile walls, which, since this is the lab tileset, could be remedied with Direct Mode, as well as room transitions with sudden spikes or invisible floors), there weren't too many glaring problems. Some things I noticed:

- Amusingly, in The Part Where I Kill You, it's pretty difficult to actually jump into the pit. If you try to walk off the side, the spikes on the edge of the platform kill you before you can fall down. You have to flip to the ceiling and then fall down to actually see the room below.

-I'm pretty sure the trinket in Spikes Are My Friends is impossible to get, or at least is pretty difficult. It doesn't help that you can't see where you're aiming for when falling up from the room below. That was the only trinket in the level that I couldn't get.

-The routing on the level is strange, to say the least. Most of the rooms are completely optional and only serve to get to the trinkets. By my count, only eight rooms in this level are required to rescue :vermillion:.

-The terminal scripts could use some fixing. Many times the terminal's speech box will run off the side of the screen, rendering parts of the dialogue unreadable. At least once I also thought I saw both boxes of dialogue show up in :viridian:'s color, but this just might be my eyes fooling me. Also, was the level initially going to have you saving :verdigris:, by any chance?

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on January 28, 2013, 02:01:42 AM
Played through the level some just now. It's a... weird... level, I would say. For the most part, the difficulty was not too bad, but a few places were a lot easier to die at than others. Notably, the room Patience Is A Virtue was mildly frustrating. Other than that and some aesthetic issues (single tile walls, which, since this is the lab tileset, could be remedied with Direct Mode, as well as room transitions with sudden spikes or invisible floors), there weren't too many glaring problems. Some things I noticed:

- Amusingly, in The Part Where I Kill You, it's pretty difficult to actually jump into the pit. If you try to walk off the side, the spikes on the edge of the platform kill you before you can fall down. You have to flip to the ceiling and then fall down to actually see the room below.

-I'm pretty sure the trinket in Spikes Are My Friends is impossible to get, or at least is pretty difficult. It doesn't help that you can't see where you're aiming for when falling up from the room below. That was the only trinket in the level that I couldn't get.

-The routing on the level is strange, to say the least. Most of the rooms are completely optional and only serve to get to the trinkets. By my count, only eight rooms in this level are required to rescue :vermillion:.

-The terminal scripts could use some fixing. Many times the terminal's speech box will run off the side of the screen, rendering parts of the dialogue unreadable. At least once I also thought I saw both boxes of dialogue show up in :viridian:'s color, but this just might be my eyes fooling me. Also, was the level initially going to have you saving :verdigris:, by any chance?

Thanks for the review!

I might have done a script that had you collect all the trinkets, I could do that.

Terminals, will try to fix.

I don't remember a trinket in THAT room o.o

Can I have a screenshot for it?

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

As for the trinket, it is possible

Just bloody hard to get  :vermillion:

Will make it easier though ^-^

Pyrite

I beat the level without ever passing But Wait, There's More or going through the rooms after it... I only got the Nothing to See Here and Coffee Room trinkets and the other one, if there was one.