VIRIDIAN HAS MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES

Started by Fussmatte, March 09, 2013, 12:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fussmatte

I was playing A New Dimension on the 3DS version in Flip mode, and in "Hidden block, apparent blocking" I went over to the terminal that gives advice on how to do the jump (much to Viridian's dismay). After failing to do the jump due to the sunlight shining on my 3DS's screen a few times, I went to the previous room (Intersection) and came back, and activated the terminal. However, Viridian spoke all of the terminal's dialogue (giving the impression that he was talking to him/herself). I exited the room and came back, and this glitch still happened. On the PC version (without flip mode enabled), I did this and it again happened.

What the heck happened?

EDIT: I looked at the script in the level editor and this isn't intended behavior by Souleye. Does this have anything to do with that fact that he didn't leave spaces between the dialogue?

Dav999

Maybe this has something to do with the say command picking up the previous color in 2.1? Just a thought, because it may be related.

Quote from: PJBottomz on November 15, 2011, 02:18:31 AM
I've kind of noticed this while using colored text...

It's just a guess, but I think the code for the colored text is saving the color and posistion of the command as a variable for the certain script, and any "say" command that doesn't have another crewname command on it will color as the most recently used variable. So, technically:

say(1,victoria)
[text stuff]

is doing this:

victoria = A

and the terminal "say" command checks this:

check variable(a)
if a=True goto colorcode

so, that makes:

say
[text stuff]

produce colored text, even though it's technically the "say" command for terminals. Now, if you put:

say
[text stuff]

say(1,victoria)
[more text stuff]

say
[even more text stuff]

The last "say" command will be colored, even though it's not supposed to be colored.. This problem could be avoided by having a variable for the grey/centered text, but this is just my theory.

Terry, your thoughts?

For reference, this is the script:

say(2)
Would you like help on how to do
this challenge?
No!
say(2)
It's a rather hard jump. You have
to start...
I said no!
say(2)
...by hugging the wall to the left
just down by the jump...
Shhhh!
say(3)
... and do a running jump that does
not touch the hidden block that is
hindering your progress.
say(1)
Aren't you happy I helped you?
Now I can't figure it out on my own!
say(1)
Muhahahah!!
delay(20)
sad

Epsilon

Though Dav has a good idea, I found out something odd. Going back to the terminal from the room before it, which activates the script which makes Viridian happy, the terminal in that room is fine. HOWEVER, if you immediately go to the terminal in the next room, it shows the problem that this thread is about, having Viridian's text box and squeak. Now if you go back to the room where the problem first was, then go back to the room before it, then come back to that room, the problem now is located there. (may have a detailed tutorial later...)
I think it has to do with the 'sad' command, as both times Viridian was sad when 'talking to himself'. I wonder if this is the same for all terminals? I think it works on normal mode, though I haven't tried there.

Dav999

I think I'm going to test this in 2.0, to see if it happens there.

Dav999

Posting this with my 3DS to tell you that the glitch happens on the 3DS version, even after returning to the menu and loading the level again! I have yet to try it with 2.0...

Dav999

I tested it in 2.0. The glitch does not happen there! The 'say' text boxes are gray, even after going back to the previous room. So it's clearly a 2.1-only glitch.

Fussmatte

I just found out something. I think this glitch has to do with the sad command, as when I was playing my in-progress joke level, after activating a script that simply made Viridian sad, and going back to the previous room, a script where a terminal says something is spoken by Viridian. After hitting a warp token and activating the script again, the terminal says it. ??? What the heck...

Chillius

Quote from: Dav999 on March 09, 2013, 06:54:24 PM
Posting this with my 3DS to tell you that the glitch happens on the 3DS version, even after returning to the menu and loading the level again! I have yet to try it with 2.0...

Quote from: Terry on March 09, 2013, 06:54:24 PM
That's Because the 3DS Version is 2.1

Yes the 3DS Version is 2.1!

Chillius

I Seemed to have found this in 33333

Go rescue victoria then go to the room terminal it'll be Blue

???

Fussmatte

Quote from: Gold03 on April 21, 2013, 08:41:05 AM
I Seemed to have found this in 33333

Go rescue victoria then go to the room terminal it'll be Blue

???
That happened to me before.

Oh, and double-post? :-X

blue626

Quote from: Gold03 on April 21, 2013, 08:25:26 AM
Quote from: Dav999 on March 09, 2013, 06:54:24 PM

Quote from: Terry on March 09, 2013, 06:54:24 PM
That's Because the 3DS Version is 2.1

Yes the 3DS Version is 2.1!

I noticed what you did: that post form Terry doesn't exist, you just quoted Dav999's post again and replaced with your text! :D
Also, the 3DS version isn't just 2.1, it's basically 2.1. stable (according to Terry), although there's only one difference...
Quote from: Doormat on April 21, 2013, 02:56:57 PM
Oh, and double-post? :-X

Back on-topic: So, basically, the variable that PJBottomz mentioned is also changed by the parameter of the last sad command (even if in another script) and by the color of the last crewmate rescued, remainig when changing rooms although reset when touching wrap tokens.
I just assumed the above based of the posts here... and I can't check because I use 2.0. How about changing "sad" to "sad(vittelary)" (or any other crewmate) to see if the text becomes the color of the crewmate? Does happy do that too?
It's really a strange 2.1.-only glitch, anyway.