Something is off with the Linux version

Started by jarreboum, March 20, 2013, 01:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarreboum

I started playing this game on Linux and I thought the controls were way too sensitive, quite often moving to an adjacent side meant moving too far, resulting in me trying to slightly tap the keys with bad results. I can't beat 20s.

I tried the Windows version and I was surprised to see I was able to blast my record to 38s without really trying. The controls really felt different.

The thing is, I'm playing on two different computers and I can't switch OS. So I can't say if it's really the software or if it's the keyboard or the screen resolution that makes it different. One could say I just got better by practicing, but I went back to the Linux version and nope, still quite bad at it.

Linux version: played on a netbook with a resolution of 1024x600
Windows: played with an old classic keyboard with a screen resolution of 1280x1024.

Ijon Tichy

Make sure VSync is off.

Also, I find the Windows version to be choppier, so HEH

jarreboum

I tried the Linux version on my desktop. With Vsync disabled there is not much difference betwen the windows and Linux versions.

This must be a problem with my laptop then. The framerate feels quite choppy on a netbook with an Atom n270 and GMA950. I know it's starting to be slightly old but I can't help but think it shouldn't be a problem for this kind of graphics and game. Also I have no problem running the flash version.