VVVVVV 2.1

Started by stitch123, March 27, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stitch123

Hello!

I bought the game yesterday and I really enjoy it. I read about 2.1 beta patch for it on this forum, but that thread is more than year old. Why it isn't on Steam already? Is it officialy relased? If not, I think that it's no longer working on it  :victoria:

Thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english  :viridian:

Bearboy

Yeah, they never officially released the patch. I think you can only get it if you bought it from Humble Bundle, since you have it on steam, I don't think you can install the patch. Sorry  :(

stitch123

And why they didn't officialy relased it? It have bugs, or...

Bearboy

I'm not sure why, but I bet some other people could explain it.

Dav999

Quote from: Bearboy on March 27, 2013, 05:08:56 PM
I think you can only get it if you bought it from Humble Bundle, since you have it on steam, I don't think you can install the patch. Sorry :(

I think you can install the patch, you just need to know where Steam saves games.

Quote from: stitch123 on March 27, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

Some people say that 2.1 is even more stable than 2.0. I guess they didn't officially release it because there's no Mac version yet, and I have no idea why there's no Mac version yet...

stitch123

This is from 2.1 changelog:

- Steam overlay enabled.

So maybe I can use it on Steam and if not, I won't be angry. I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks for answers  :viridian:

EDIT: I know where Steam saves the game, so it isn't problem for me  :viridian:

Chillius

It actaully works for me on steam. so it will work.

Hilbert

Quote from: Dav999 on March 27, 2013, 05:18:40 PM
Quote from: Bearboy on March 27, 2013, 05:08:56 PM
I think you can only get it if you bought it from Humble Bundle, since you have it on steam, I don't think you can install the patch. Sorry :(

I think you can install the patch, you just need to know where Steam saves games.

Quote from: stitch123 on March 27, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

Some people say that 2.1 is even more stable than 2.0. I guess they didn't officially release it because there's no Mac version yet, and I have no idea why there's no Mac version yet...
They were working on a Mac version, but simoroth got tired and Terry wanted to work on other games.

blue626

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on March 27, 2013, 08:18:45 PM
They were working on a Mac version, but simoroth got tired and Terry wanted to work on other games.

Give me a break. Surely it was because there was some kind of error, thus it was harder to make... no-one knows, actually.

It's a bit weird, because it wasn't really announced by Terry that he gave up. I think he thought he was still going to release 2.1. (stable), but some weeks later Simon said (in the 2.1. Beta Patch thread) that he kind of retired the project... It's too confusing for me. I wonder if I missed something...

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on March 27, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on March 27, 2013, 08:18:45 PM

Give me a break. Surely it was because there was some kind of error, thus it was harder to make... no-one knows, actually.

It's a bit weird, because it wasn't really announced by Terry that he gave up. I think he thought he was still going to release 2.1. (stable), but some weeks later Simon said (in the 2.1. Beta Patch thread) that he kind of retired the project... It's too confusing for me. I wonder if I missed something...

Maybe they were stuck on the save dialog for custom levels... I read that Apple didn't accept 2.0 in the app store because it didn't make a save/load dialog appear when you save or load custom levels, and because it has access to the documents folder without asking for permission from the user. I guess they wanted to make a save/load dialog in 2.1 for Mac so it would get accepted, but somehow stopped there...