Dimension TTTTTT

Started by Yoshi13, May 25, 2013, 11:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think was *worst* about the level?

Difficulty - too easy!
1 (33.3%)
Difficulty - too hard!
1 (33.3%)
Dialogue
0 (0%)
How it looks
0 (0%)
Other, please leave a comment.
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Yoshi13

Hey! Posting my first VVVVVV level.

STORYLINE:
:verdigris: has asked  :violet: to marry him
:vitellary: has lost her spanner and  :vermillion: is spamming the noticeboard.
And  :victoria: has gone missing!
It's up to  :viridian: to save the day!

Welcome to Dimension TTTTTT

Piplup1122

Tried to get out of "Dare I say it?" after pressing the terminal, but what Lab Gate opened? Because the gravity line got me TRAPPED.  :victoria:

Fussmatte

Yoshi13

In Dare I Say It?, you have to go backwards through the ENTIRE LAB LEVEL! As you found in Map App, there is a secret area, and to access it, and save Victoria, you have to complete all three levels: the Lab, the Warp Zone and the Space Station. I can't do the Tower for obvious reasons, but the other three...
The first three rooms at the top of the SECRET AREA show your progress. If you've completed the Warp Zone, you can go through the Warp Gate in the first room of the Secret Area. If you've completed the Laboratory, you can go through the Lab Gate, where you will get quite dizzy. And finally, guess what gate the Station opens?

In response to -  :vitellary: is a male -

o.o

I honestly had no idea. Either way, his/her gender isn't actually mentioned in the level.

PS Vitellary is a biology term meaning: the yolk of an egg.

It may be of interest to note that I have put many references in TTTTTT. In the Warp Zone, I had a reference to VVVVVV, one to Jaffa Cakes and one to the Simpsons (Lady Baltimore Cake)
In the Laboratory, I really just made them up.
In the Station, there is one reference to the movie Over The Hedge, two to Backsliders and Timeslip in VVVVVV, two to Star Trek and two to an interesting physics lesson I had a while back.

And boy, is this post long-winded.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: Yoshi13 on May 26, 2013, 08:48:46 AM
PS Vitellary is a biology term meaning: the yolk of an egg.
I did know that. I think I looked it up at one point to see the connection. And Verdigris is a term for the green rust that forms off of copper (think Statue of Liberty). Vermillion, Viridian, and Violet are easy enough to figure out. Never understood how Victoria represents blue however. Maybe I'm just dense. :D

As for the references, I'm sure nobody minds, and I approve of them as a concept. It's true to the style of the original game. But I don't think you need to say exactly what they all are, since they're the kind of thing that if you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you don't really need to. But then again, I'm still thinking of building an entire level based on an extended reference. So I can't really criticize you there. Carry on. :viridian:

allison

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on May 26, 2013, 03:44:42 PM
Never understood how Victoria represents blue however. Maybe I'm just dense. :D

Victoria is actually a shade of blue.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: crazyal02 on May 26, 2013, 06:48:33 PM
Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on May 26, 2013, 03:44:42 PM
Never understood how Victoria represents blue however. Maybe I'm just dense. :D

Victoria is actually a shade of blue.
I figured it might be something like that. It isn't one I'd ever heard of. Or at least not one I remember.  ::) :P

Hilbert

I thought Vitellary was a modification of Vitellus, which was a yolk?  ???

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: Hilbert on May 29, 2013, 11:59:56 AM
I thought Vitellary was a modification of Vitellus, which was a yolk?  ???
I'm pretty sure the root is the same. I think the form of the word used (Vitellary) is that of the color of an egg yolk. At least, I have a dictionary that says that, I think. I don't know, I'm not a linguistics major. I do know one though.
I think this is getting off topic.

I think the Lab rooms are too long and dragging. But for a first level, the amount of bugs is pretty impressively low. The Narrower-->Nostalgic-->Narrower thing is tough. But then I entered the next room and goes WTH?!?!?!

Jhjoseph91

Looks promising. I might play it later this afternoon.  :viridian:

But of course, I might not either.  :verdigris:

Lord Ghetsis

What to do with the rar? Sorry, I'm a tech n00b. But i do know that u compressed a compressed rar into a zip. :victoria: :verdigris: