VVVVVV Patch, V1.1 [broken]

Started by Terry, February 02, 2010, 12:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

There was a problem with the V1.1 patch which unfortunately broke the time trial modes; so I'm quickly making a new V1.2 patch which has all the fixes from the V1.1 patch but without the new time trial issue. If you've already upgraded to V1.1, you can downgrade back to v1.0 with this:

Downgrade VVVVVV v1.1 to v1.0

Shasharala

Great googly moogly!
You did it!
Good job, Terry!
And thankyou!  :viridian:
I'm grateful that you're offering support for any bugs in the game.  Some people just dump the game and go.

joniho

Was it just me or did my save file go poof  :verdigris:

Terry

I hope it's just you! :o

Did you rename the file? Or move it? The save file is tied to your location on the hard drive...

alastair jack

Thanks for the hidden mouse. However, are you able to make an option so that it starts in fullscreen like the previous version? This is troublesome for my arcade machine, as when it transitions to the full-screen it loses focus (as the fullscreen option does not include the option for the window 'always on top'.) and I have to get out my keyboard and alt-tab back to the game.
Doesn't matter to much though, I can just stick with the old version and put up with the mouse pointer.

ffffff

there should be a checkpoint counter as an extra bonus cathegory in trial mode

allen

Glad I didn't have to redownload the game over again. The patch fixed every problem I had, cheers.

standish

Quote from: Terry on February 02, 2010, 12:56:07 AM
- Invincibility toggle is now remembered when you quit; fixes exploit.

That's a very important update, hopefully you also changed the victory screen on No Death Mode to now make it easy to distinguish between those possibly using the invincibility exploit on V1.0 and those honestly beating the mode on V1.1.

Great job on the patch, it's very appreciated.

joniho

Quote from: Terry on February 02, 2010, 01:39:22 AM

Did you rename the file? Or move it? The save file is tied to your location on the hard drive...

Hmm, well I know that the updater's default location was different from mine (I have "Program Files (x86)" instead of just "Program Files"), and I don't remember moving any files around before or after the update. I'm not seeing any duplicate files in the VVVVVV directory either. Strange.  :verdigris:

In either case, it gives me an excuse to play it again.  :viridian:

But that I have to re-earn my V ranks.  :victoria: (thankfully not on Space Station 2 yet)

standish

Quote from: joniho on February 02, 2010, 06:05:47 AM
Quote from: Terry on February 02, 2010, 01:39:22 AM

Hmm, well I know that the updater's default location was different from mine (I have "Program Files (x86)" instead of just "Program Files"), and I don't remember moving any files around before or after the update. I'm not seeing any duplicate files in the VVVVVV directory either. Strange.  :verdigris:

In either case, it gives me an excuse to play it again.  :viridian:

But that I have to re-earn my V ranks.  :victoria: (thankfully not on Space Station 2 yet)

Look for the old save files on your hard drive as they may still exist. Do a search for dwvvvvvv_unlock.sol and dwvvvvvv_tele.sol and make sure to search hidden files and directories, and you may be able to find them if they still exist.

Antony_256

Terry

Quote from: Antony_256 on February 02, 2010, 11:08:50 AM
No issues in Wine  :viridian: :viridian: :viridian: :viridian:

By the way, can you play it fullscreen in wine now if you turn off hardware acceleration? I wasn't able to test that, but I think it should work!

dinx2582

Fullscreen didn't appear to work on my Linux box (HW accel. off, as recommended), but I'm running 64bit, so who knows.  I'm at work at the moment, so I'll have time to do more testing around lunch.

Then again v1.0 didn't work on my Linux box, I had to rebuild the projector with the .swf from the Mac release, so I'm probably not the greatest litmus test for this.  Original .exe patched to v1.1 works fine, luckily, because I imagine the patch checks for an MD5 (explaining why it wouldn't patch my custom projector).

I'll let you know what I find out either way!

Antony_256

No, fullscreen is not working with hw acc off. It remembers the setting though, had to delete my save to make it work again  :'(

Terry

Oh, crap :'(

I think there's a serious bug in the patch. I'm gonna do a bit more testing, but if I'm right, I'm going to have to do the whole mess of downgrading and reuploading the patch... :victoria: