What's you favorite song from VVVVVV / PPPPPP?

Started by SoulEye, March 11, 2010, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's you favorite song from VVVVVV / PPPPPP?

Presenting VVVVVV
2 (2.8%)
Pushing onwards
4 (5.6%)
Passion for exploring
3 (4.2%)
Positive force
23 (31.9%)
Predestined fate
6 (8.3%)
Potential for anything
26 (36.1%)
Pressure cooker
12 (16.7%)
Pipe dream
3 (4.2%)
Popular potpourri
13 (18.1%)
Waiting for VVVVVV (Bonus track from PPPPPP)
2 (2.8%)
Pacing Energy (New from VVVVVV version 2.0, not on PPPPPP)
6 (8.3%)
Piercing the Sky (New from VVVVVV version 2.0, not on PPPPPP)
16 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

SoulEye

James

So tough to choose. In the end, I went with Positive Force, but they're all seriously amazing songs. Some hilights for me:

The "solo" beginning at 2:15, aespecially the really fast notes at 2:23
The bassy intro to Predestined Fate
The melodic theme shared by Positive Force and Pushing Onward
The melody from Passion for Exploring
The intro to Potential for Anything
The key change in Positive Force at 0:54,
The part in Positive Force at 1:32 when it gets quite just before surging back

Amazing music all rough though. Great job Magnus!

arcticwolf15

Potential for anything, positive force, and pressure cooker.

CooL

I nearly got in an accident rocking out to Potential for anything :verdigris:

arcticwolf15

I also like predestined fate and popular potpourri.

Bythos

I'd say Positive Force without a doubt. One of the reasons I play the final and tower levels so many times is because I love that piece of music :p

SoulEye

I'm going with Positive Force myself as well. It's the one tune I just keep coming back to all the time. What accident didn't happen? :)

CooL

I was driving on some rural highway, I started head banging to Potential for Anything, swerved into the other lane by accident, almost hit a car.   Listening to SoulEyes music can sure be deadly  :viridian:

SoulEye

I'll add "Menace to society" as one of my undertitles.  8)

dinx2582

Quote from: SoulEye on May 14, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
I'm going with Positive Force myself as well. It's the one tune I just keep coming back to all the time.

I'm really quite thrilled to see that we agree on this.  It really rivals the shit out of anything I've ever heard out of the demo scene, and I can't even begin to imagine how satisfying it must be to listen to something so awesome and be able to say, "I made this". 

Obviously I can hardly stress quite enough how much I love this song, but I'll probably continue to try.  If Mega Man 2.5D is half as good as I expect the soundtrack will be, we're in for a serious treat. 

By the way, have you decided whether or not that stage-select loop you so kindly shared with me a while back is going to be the final cut?  It's so perfect that not only isn't it even remotely funny, it completely transcends humor altogether.

EDIT:  I just noticed that a new MM2.5D trailer went up in February, and I guess that answers my stage select question.  Excellent decision keeping the loop exactly how it was when you sent me the sample.  Now I'm actually starting to get a bit worried/excited that what you've come up with for the game is going to obliterate any official 8-bit Mega Man soundtrack to pieces.

mrCrumbs

Passion for Exploring!

Gives my chills every time  :viridian:
Takes me though uplifting highs, rhythmic cruising moods, and deep yearning feelings

Bythos

Actually, now I've listened to it on the ship again, I'm not sure whether I prefer Popular Potpourri. It's very catchy and hummable.

pou

I LOVE Popular potpourri and Passion for exploring. I'm sure if it counts, but Magic story the end is pretty damn good, too :)

MSTE is not part of VVVVVV/PPPPPP so nope! :) /Eye

Shadikka

I feel like I'm going very much against the mainstream when I say that it's Presenting VVVVVV. It's so distinct compared to the others (which are awesome songs, definitely don't get me wrong here) and it's got some mood that could have been VVVVVV. Some kind of a.. cautious hopefulness despite the situation.

Other than that, Positive Force, but it's a tough call. The whole soundtrack is just awesome.

Damn It AL to Hell

I think Piercing the Sky is the best track in the game :viridian: