What's you favorite song from VVVVVV / PPPPPP?

Started by SoulEye, March 11, 2010, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's you favorite song from VVVVVV / PPPPPP?

Presenting VVVVVV
2 (2.8%)
Pushing onwards
4 (5.6%)
Passion for exploring
3 (4.2%)
Positive force
23 (31.9%)
Predestined fate
6 (8.3%)
Potential for anything
26 (36.1%)
Pressure cooker
12 (16.7%)
Pipe dream
3 (4.2%)
Popular potpourri
13 (18.1%)
Waiting for VVVVVV (Bonus track from PPPPPP)
2 (2.8%)
Pacing Energy (New from VVVVVV version 2.0, not on PPPPPP)
6 (8.3%)
Piercing the Sky (New from VVVVVV version 2.0, not on PPPPPP)
16 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Sendy

I'm going to be really predictable and say Piercing the Sky and Potential for Anything (but only vote for the latter, for obvious reasons).

It has haunting, flutey melodies, bouncy arps, and a bassline that drops down a tritone (classic move that gets me every time!). The rhythm track creates a pounding, sci-fi impact while actually being quite minimal and lo-tec sounding when you actually listen to it (lovely crunch). The gated sliding down melody part really brings to mind the bouncing and flailing that happens in the lab level.

Piercing again has that 'bigger than it is' sound which for me is part of the essence of chip-style music. Also, PWM guitar duet, right? It's impossible not to respond to that  :D

That said, I like all the other tunes almost as much and sometimes more :) Love the end level theme, it's like 3 jingles stuck together but that just makes it more rewarding :)

wayc

My favorite is Popular Potpourri. :DDDD I can't believe nobody remixed that one for PPPPPPowerup.  T_T  That saddened me.

Martze

I had to give it to Positive Force. It's a shame Pushing Onwards has no votes, because it's great, but I guess that anyone who likes Pushing Onwards prefers Positive Force.

I hate picking favorites, though; I would be remiss not to mention my love of Passion for Exploring, Potential for Anything, and Paced Energy. Piercing the Sky is great too, but I got a bit weary of it due to its overuse in player levels. Even if it weren't for that, I'd still like Paced Energy better.

PJBottomz

Posistive Force is my favorite! Mostly because of the song itself, but I love the name! It makes you think, "Hey, maybe things might not end up like a cracked egg in a 9000 degree skillet."

And the backwards version is hilarious (and weird, because it sounds almost the same... :o)

Pinkamena Diane Pie

Gotta go with Potential For Anything. The theme itself fits the title perfectly and makes you think you actually can do anything, plus the overall groove is catchy as hell and great fun to listen to with a good soundsystem  ;D.

Must say I love Paced Energy though. First time I heard it was during a player level (can't remember which, unfortunately) but there were several enemies on screen bouncing in time with the beat of the track, and everything felt so very cool.

Overall it's a very solid soundtrack though, and I've gotta give shoutouts to Positive Force, Pressure Cooker and Popular Potpourri as well.

kchantheepic

Oh, Positive Force, without a doubt. But Pushing Onwards is an easy second favourite, tied with Passion for Exploring.

But Positive Force? Orgasm for my ears.

SoulEye

FlamingBanana

Pressure cooker. I like the groove.

But WHOOOOOOOOOOO voted for Presenting VVVVVV? No offense, but its a rather dull song.

PJBottomz

There are some people who like that song. I know one of my friends heard it while I was playing VVVVVV and they loved it.

xTwoTails

You selected too many options, you can only pick 3.
*viridian sad face*

I adore the soundtrack. In fact, my boyfriend heard the music (I made him play VVVVVV *evil face) and he went "Hey... this is SoulEye's" and I went "Yup! MadTracker ftw! XD"

SoulEye

Gotta love it when people connect some dots from way back!  :-*

SirBryghtside

My favourite from 1.0 is definitely Positive Force, followed by Pushing Onwards - but I really, really like Piercing The Sky :viridian:

I'd say the one I like least is Pressure Cooker, but that's not saying much - they're all awesome!

PJBottomz

Quote from: xTwoTails on September 04, 2011, 02:19:54 PM
*viridian sad face*

I adore the soundtrack. In fact, my boyfriend heard the music (I made him play VVVVVV *evil face) and he went "Hey... this is SoulEye's" and I went "Yup! MadTracker ftw! XD"

YOU'RE A GIRL?! ... How the hell did I not know that?! First I find out Franz24 is a dude, and I now I find out that you're a girl?!

HOW THE HELL AM I SO OBLIVIOUS TO THIS SHIT?

Ahem. So for the topic re-route. Back to Souleye's music.

xTwoTails

I'm a guy o__o
Do I speak like a girl? Do I have high-pitched voice?

look, victoria got sad! :victoria:
But Viridian still happy  :viridian:

PJBottomz

Quote from: xTwoTails on September 04, 2011, 02:19:54 PM
*viridian sad face*

wat? :o