Direct Mode?

Started by Jimmy, January 31, 2015, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Hello. I've been using the VVVVVV make and play version a lot, and I just discovered "direct mode". I don't know how to use it, and what does it do? :-\

shape worrior t

Remember all the complaining about single-tiled walls?
This is how you have single-tiled walls that look good.
Direct mode allows you to select any tile from tilesets 1 and 2.
To use: Press F10, press control, then, while holding control, use arrow keys to select a tile. You can then put the tile down, like usual.
Using this, you can make the level have more than one color/colour, more than one tileset, have every single wall tile look the same... and make the level look much nicer, in general.

Jimmy

Okay Thanks! That Really Helped. :viridian:

SJMistery

OH THANKS

i never figured how to use the direct mode! it will really help on "abducted once more"

@Kreator

Wait, that's all direct mode is?

allison

Quote from: @Kreator on February 14, 2015, 02:02:43 PM
Wait, that's all direct mode is?
Yes, it allows you to place any tile in the tileset without relying on the automatic placing.

@Kreator

Sendy

There are also a few extra gameplay tiles - one-way movement tiles (which can also prevent you from flipping when standing on them), and a single pink block which dissolves when you stand on it. There are also blocks that look solid but are pass-through-able. Can we say "secret passages"?  8)

There are also a lot of unused graphics. I used some of them to make clouds of smog in the HD version of 333333, and some of the green staticy blocks are perfect for making foliage.

SJMistery

they aren't exactly unused. enable unvincibility on the final level, glitch through the holes in "the final challenge", go to the teleporter of intermision 2 and see the fun yourself

Sendy

Invincibility mode dishonours the Gods of Platforming and can contribuite to dimensional instability.

@Kreator

Invincibility mode makes you an immortal god of platforming, but immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be.