Final level song on jukebox

Started by Renato Lopes, February 02, 2015, 04:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renato Lopes

Hi, I was playing a level called VVVVVV II and it looks like there is a jukebox with the song of the final level (the final polar dimension...).

People said they didn't know the number of that song (or its just a normal jukebox because I'm still learning how to use these scripts), or did he (that created the level) discovered?  ???

Bruce Michez

There are several songs that you can access via scripting that the game doesn't tell you about.  None of these require the internal scripting glitch.

music(0a) plays "Path Complete", the level complete fanfare
music(5a) plays "Pause", the cutscene music
music(7a) plays "Plenary", the game complete fanfare
music(9a) plays "ecroF evitisoP", which plays in the Tower in flip mode

And finally the one you're looking for: music(15) plays the powerful "Predestined Fate (Remixed)", but only in v2.2.

Renato Lopes

thank you :D

but why people like using older versions anyway? (um using 2.2)
2.0 have more gamestates but don't have direct mode
2.1 have direct mode but some bugs
2.2 have more scripts and everything and almost no bug!

prrg

Some people like 1.1.
Dunno, VVVVVV suffered from a huge jump a while ago (from Flash to C++ I think, or something similar) so it must be something about this

allison

The big reason for keeping 2.0 compatibility was because 2.1 had no Mac version. 2.2 is cross-platform, so this is no longer an issue and anyone who says it is is silly.

The migration from Flash to C++ was introduced with 2.0, as was the level editor, so that isn't relevant either.