The Dark Lab

Started by cheesefactory, April 21, 2017, 01:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesefactory

It's the lab... or at least he thought it was. Viridian was shocked to discover that the Dark Lab did not fall into VVVVVV's difficulty curve. The Dark Lab had so many spikes, Viridian wanted to cry. He didn't, of course- that's your job.

The Dark Lab combines Golden Spiral difficulty with secret passageways and dialogues to create a lab that is both old and new. It presents a challenge to the game's most mastered players and is also great for beginners. The goal of the Dark Lab is not to frustrate, but to give those unstoppable gamers a run for their money.

If you successfully complete the Dark Lab, comment below with your time and trinkets. Also, if anyone finds the final trinket without using the level editor, that deserves recognition too.

Have fun dying,
-Cheesefactory

PS: Check out Operation Gravity here: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=3136.0

Duckman50001

4 trinkets   2:30:18 time

no editor  :viridian: beat that!

cheesefactory

Nice job!!! I made this level last year, and frankly I couldn't beat your record now if I tried. Which rooms were fun and which were frustrating?

Duckman50001

Quote from: cheesefactory on April 21, 2017, 10:15:08 PM
Nice job!!! I made this level last year, and frankly I couldn't beat your record now if I tried. Which rooms were fun and which were frustrating?

Thanks for the compliment! :viridian:

Probably the most frustrating rooms were the "Look before you leap" room set,
and my favourite? The "Physics rejected" - "Surfers nightmare" sequence.

I play VVVVVV so much that it's UNREAL, that's probably why I beat your Record

Balneor

The OP isn't here anymore, that's not gonna stop me from commenting.

Anyways, good custom that is well built. Took me around 5X min and 500~600 deaths to successfully 100% it (Could have been lower since I've missed a trinket and had to open edit mode to see how to access it, which caused me to restart the level from scratch, costing like 20 min. And no, I am not talking about the final trinket, that one I got legit :viridian:).

Hardest room by far was "I'm Just A Poor Boy", much harder than the rest of the level, or so I've experienced. There seems to be a bit on inconsistency in the difficulty of this level, but that's my opinion. And I kinda was expecting the whole map to be filled.

EpicCreeper9001

You can't make a Kaizo hack in--