QQQQQQ/3V (Previously CoD4 VVVVVV)

Started by CooL, March 29, 2010, 01:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasharala

Personally I am really interested in seeing it released in OpenArena.  I like freeware, myself.

Rox

I, too, would enjoy being able to play this thing legally, which wouldn't be an option using any of the other engines... Fortunately, it should be a very simple game to make. Controls, dynamic gravity and collision detection of various kinds should be all you really need...

I'm going to vote against the sideways-flipping mechanic, though. I did that in my VVVVVVX "trailer" because I thought it would make things look even more insane. However, if any of that was actually playable, you'd very quickly realize how dumb the stages that I threw together are. Every obstacle I made could easily be circumvented just by turning sideways and horizontally flipping past whatever needs to be avoided.

The only way to get challenging obstacles that way would be to make them infuriatingly timing-based, cover every single wall in spikes, or remove every single wall and make it so that falling out into space kills you. Level design would suuuuuck. The player needs more restrictions than freely being able to fly along any desired axis.

CooL

Alright, then I shall stick with OpenArena, and you're right about the multi-plane flipping system, I was quite hesitant about adding it myself.  I'm going to begin work on some of the levels while my new coder works on all the scripts to make the game playable.  Woot  :viridian:

FlamingBanana

Hey, this looks really interesting...but no one has updated in forever.  :victoria:

Any updates CooL?

PJBottomz

This was cancelled due to no motivation.

Damn It AL to Hell

Cancelled? I was looking forward to this  :victoria:, oh well.