Author Topic: VVVVVV Make & Play is exploitable  (Read 2031 times)

Riki the crewmate

• Crewmate
  • Since, I'm the new active guy on Terry's forum!
    • View Profile
VVVVVV Make & Play is exploitable
« on: April 30, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »
By making this script.

make the script called 1.
put on it
Code: [Select]
iftrinkets(0,2)
make an script called 2. (unreachable.)
put on it
Code: [Select]
gamestate(3501)
You just executed the end good job!, Now you can play the story for free! Not paid or anything!

Sorry but had to post this. :victoria:

Riki the crewmate

• Crewmate
  • Since, I'm the new active guy on Terry's forum!
    • View Profile
Re: VVVVVV Make & Play is exploitable
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 04:59:58 PM »
You can play the story after you executed the ending then it'll bring you to the continue screen.

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
What exactly can you play, though? Doing what you did will get you to the continue menu, but all of the world was removed from the M&P edition. The scripts are left in there as to not break any level, so you can run the scripts and that's it.

Terry

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • distractionware
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
What exactly can you play, though? Doing what you did will get you to the continue menu, but all of the world was removed from the M&P edition. The scripts are left in there as to not break any level, so you can run the scripts and that's it.

Even if that wasn't true, I wouldn't really have a big proplem with someone exploiting the M&P version to play the full version of VVVVVV. Better that than getting a dodgy pirate version with a virus. :victoria:

FIQ

• Captain
  • https://github.com/FredrIQ/
    • View Profile
    • FIQ
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:58:53 AM »
Yeah, I tried this the moment the version was released (using gamestate(84) though). Also, the map isn't just removed -- the entire code for map logic in the normal game seems gone, because you can get a lot of weird gliches beyond just an empty map.

(fun fact: one bug is that if you play a custom level, fire up the continue menu and do a time trial, the game will load the last custom map you played and somehow trying to apply in-game logic to it, breaking it in very interesting and strange ways. And no, merely applying a Dimension VVVVVV map replica will not fix the issues)