4: Floating Spikes
5: Polar Dimension, but the map does not show "NO SIGNAL"
6: Impossible Rooms
7: Intersection with disappearing platforms
8: Copied scripts
9: Improper design

shape worrior t

Can I also post some?

10: Single Tiled Walls (I know that ShinyWolf really hates these)
11: Misaligned Rooms
12: Repeating Scripts
13: Scripts that crash the game
14: Internal Scripting with cutscene bars or terminal squeaks when it's not supposed to have it
15: Scripts that behave strangely

moth 🦋

16: Roomnames without Capitalization (spikes everywhere, attack of the enemies, etc.)
17: Mispelling words (spikkes evrywhere, atack of the enmies, etc.)
18: Mispelling names (Vermillion, Verdiegris, Veridian, etc.)

allison

19: Making a vertical two-block-wide passageway lined with spikes

moth 🦋

That Souleye Crewmate

21. Nearly impossible rooms.

Yeah, i know the OP featured Impossible Rooms, but you can't just make a super hard room. Except everyone makes super hard rooms.

Lollipop

That Souleye Crewmate

allison

Quote from: Lollipop on August 23, 2015, 09:56:13 PM
22. Extreme backtracking

22a. But backtracking in small amounts is OK.
There are two big ways to do backtracking well.

The first is if backtracking through a level is effectively a totally different challenge due to the layout Super Meat Boy does this a lot.

The other way is Metroidvania-style "Look what I can do NOW" type of thing. This isn't as effective in VVVVVV, however, because the only real method of doing this is with keycards.

allison

24. Filler.
A lot of people feel the need to fill up the entire map basically so they can say they did. This can easily end up bogging the level down. Even the official game is guilty of this to some extent, with those big overworld caves.

ToasterApocalypse

shape worrior t

26. Intermissions that slack off. I felt that the intermissions in VVVVVV Super Adventure weren't that good, to be honest...
Oh well, my later intermissions were quite good..

Bruce Michez

27. Floating checkpoints.  I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet.  However, there is a little-known exploit, involving editing the level with a text editor, which produces a weird box-shaped checkpoint that spawns :viridian: in a direction determined by the previous normal checkpoint the player touched.  Use with caution, as saving and re-loading at such a checkpoint crashes the game.

VeeC7

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on August 28, 2015, 06:01:11 AM
27. Floating checkpoints.  I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet.  However, there is a little-known exploit, involving editing the level with a text editor, which produces a weird box-shaped checkpoint that spawns :viridian: in a direction determined by the previous normal checkpoint the player touched.  Use with caution, as saving and re-loading at such a checkpoint crashes the game.
Seen in "Viridian Killed The Radio Star"

allison

Quote from: VVVVVVFan102314 on September 17, 2015, 08:18:04 AM
Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on August 28, 2015, 06:01:11 AM
Seen in "Viridian Killed The Radio Star"
These originally appeared in Dimension SIMPLE, but I decided to remove them in a patch because of the reload crashing thing.