Super Gravitron Records

Started by Terry, January 11, 2010, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

So, how are people getting on with the Super Gravitron? :)

My own best time is just over 30 seconds, but I'm certain it's possible to get the 1 minute trophy! Well, pretty certain, anyway.

SoulEye

I found it easier at 40% speed... hehe ;)

KingOreO

My pitiful record so far is 8:06 seconds :(

StephenM3

11 and a half seconds.  I got really lucky that time; I think 90% of my runs after that have been under 6 seconds.

Wobbles

16 seconds!  Oh baby!  I'll get that minute trophy Terry.  Just you watch me.

fishyjoes

I got all 20 shiny things without too much trouble. i somehow made to 5 seconds on super gravitron, but i still dont GET how to be good at it.
You are bouncing around like **** how are you supposed to dodge big glowing stuff thats flying randomly at you? :O

(Other) Terry

Gah, 11.76 and I haven't crossed 10 seconds more than once since.

bloocheese565

Applekid

Woo! I think this means I'm [temporarily*] cool.

* you know, until someone gets 16.91 and shoves it in my face.  :victoria:

KingOreO

I'm the only one posting in this thread weeeeeeeeee   :verdigris:

Wobbles

Wow Oreo, I thought my 22:96 was pretty slick.  Guess I've got some practicing to do  :viridian:

Mercen4ry

I'm currently at around 21.23. Still have to learn some of the harder patterns to increase that time. :o

I'd find it interesting if someone wrote a quick A* AI to plot a theoretical best time. I do know the best time for not moving at all is around 2.93, so far. ;)

Edit: Directly after posting this, I made 24.90. This amuses me greatly. :viridian:

nathanel

Yeah, you've used the word 'pattern' and I think it is very interesting... The more I play, the more patterns I can see, and learn more and more about them... I guess that to master Super Gravitron you need to have proper muscle-memorized moves ready for every possible pattern combination, a bit like like winning strategies for games like chess and hex... Funny thing that the more I play, the more I tend to think of S-G as a puzzle game, not just reflex-testing one.

One question arises: is is possible to have a winning strategy for every pattern combination? :P Sometimes I have a feeling that the old bastard Terry made some time intervals between one wave and another waaay too short :P Though it's rather me sucking really hard at S-G (10.00 sec) (update, make that 17.90 :DDDD I'm so proud :D)

BTW have you noticed that you NEVER get the 'zig-zag' wave:
|    |    |
  |    |    |
as the first wave? And it generally occures rather rarely? Question to Terry: Why? Is it too easy? :P

VAgentZero

Bastwood

Super Gravitron is a genius addition; I've already spent more time messing around in it than I spent completing the actual game. Time trials have never really interested me, but SG is a different kind of beast: Very edge-of-control kind of stuff, sometimes unfair but never frustrating. I find myself just sitting back, cranking the soundtrack up and bouncing the hours away.

Currently sitting at 26:63 seconds.