Have a Suggestion or Idea? Post them Here!

Started by joniho, January 11, 2010, 06:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joniho

Is there something that isn't in VVVVVV that you would've like to see? Let the community know!

Even if it's something beyond the bounds of possibility, I'm sure the creativity will be appreciated!  :)

EDIT: In Time Trials, a "Retry From Start" option would be nice (or maybe I don't see it). For now, unless you complete the run, you have to quit to the menu, then go back to the Time Trials and reselect the level.

Applekid

Level Editor. I'd pay another $15 for being able to roll my own and unleash them on the helpless.  8)

bloocheese565

I wish there was a way to unlock a way to play with that *not really spoilers* elephant. Also if there is a level editor make it so that we can download and play other uses levels or possible stories without having to copy and paste a code.

ZekeSulastin

Level editor again - this sort of game simply screams for one (and its presence would quickly silence the "waaah this game is short" reviews ;)

MJongo

Hello, just purchased the game yesterday, best 15 I ever spent!  Anyways, a time trial restart option would be extremely useful.  Also, I found a glitch in that after unlocking the secret lab, I replayed the game in flip mode and found that when you get to the Gravitron part, you can press enter and it asks if you want to to return to the lab, as if I was in the SUPER Gravitron.  I selected it to see what would happen and it transported to to an empty room called "outer space" when I just kept falling and falling, wrapping around the top and bottom of the screen.  I guess that glitch could be fixed.

Terry

The time trial restart key is a really good idea; I'll do what I can!

The level editor isn't going to happen, unfortunately, for a couple of reasons :( For one, it's a lot more complex to implement than you might think (I don't think anyone but me could actually use the existing level editor) - to make a nice, simple to use new level editor that could load and save new levels from a server or something in flash would basically require implementing a new level editor from scratch and adding a huge amount of code to the game. The bigger problem, though, is that the game is broken mechanically in all sorts of ways that you don't see, because I never made levels that show off certain problems - little things like having walls too close to room entrances, and where you can and can't place gravity lines, and how many threadmills you can have in a room before things start to slowdown. Getting a level editor up and running would require fixing all of that, which could take weeks in itself.

Basically, it's not that it's impossible, it's just that it's a huge amount of work at this point. :(

StephenM3

A level editor would be insanely cool, but I don't particularly miss it.

For the time trial restart, I'd recommend the ENTER key, instead of giving the menu (which is pretty useless in that mode).

scarybug

Quote from: Terry on January 12, 2010, 10:21:40 PM
The time trial restart key is a really good idea; I'll do what I can!

The level editor isn't going to happen, unfortunately, for a couple of reasons :( For one, it's a lot more complex to implement than you might think (I don't think anyone but me could actually use the existing level editor) - to make a nice, simple to use new level editor that could load and save new levels from a server or something in flash would basically require implementing a new level editor from scratch and adding a huge amount of code to the game. The bigger problem, though, is that the game is broken mechanically in all sorts of ways that you don't see, because I never made levels that show off certain problems - little things like having walls too close to room entrances, and where you can and can't place gravity lines, and how many threadmills you can have in a room before things start to slowdown. Getting a level editor up and running would require fixing all of that, which could take weeks in itself.

Basically, it's not that it's impossible, it's just that it's a huge amount of work at this point. :(

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Chronotron was the same way. In fact, when the game got hacked I got to see exactly what it would be like if someone designed levels without knowing how to hide the bugs!

Bozzy Bozbourne

It would be nice to reconfigure your controls, as then I'd be able to play this on my USB NES pad.

Terry

Quote from: Bozzy Bozbourne on January 12, 2010, 11:25:52 PM
It would be nice to reconfigure your controls, as then I'd be able to play this on my USB NES pad.

Unfortunately I don't have reconfigurable controls in the game, but it DOES support a whole bunch of different control layouts at the same time - you can use any of Space, Z or V as the action button, and you can use WASD instead of the arrows if you like.

As for playing on the pad, it comes with JoyToKey in the game directory for joypad support, so that shouldn't be a problem :)

(Other) Terry

Quote from: joniho on January 11, 2010, 06:14:53 PM
Is there something that isn't in VVVVVV that you would've like to see? Let the community know!

A Sequel! :P

Lemeza

Quote from: joniho on January 11, 2010, 06:14:53 PM

Even if it's something beyond the bounds of possibility, I'm sure the creativity will be appreciated!  :)

I think we need an option to change the character into Terry just so I can see him die over and over for the pain he's caused me.

Requiem

First off, I want to say that the game is amazing. It really is.

I would love to see a level editor implemented at some point, but I understand its' a lot of work for you and don't want to rush you or interrupt your other projects... I just feel it would make V have a new brand of longevity to it. I would definitely make hundreds of levels for that game just to provide myself and others with new challenges.

GenerationV

Multiplayer!  I know it's far from fruition, but my ideal wish would be to have a 2-4 player multiplayer racing feature with specially designed stages. :viridian:

Terry

Quote from: GenerationV on January 13, 2010, 11:18:30 PM
Multiplayer!  I know it's far from fruition, but my ideal wish would be to have a 2-4 player multiplayer racing feature with specially designed stages. :viridian:

I've thought about it. :P