Stellar Matter (WIP / Demo)

Started by Asmodean_, February 27, 2016, 07:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollipop

moth 🦋

So I played it. It was pretty standard, except one thing.
THE.
FREAKING.
CUTOFF.
TEXTBOXES.
Okay, look. In older versions of VVVVVV, you could only have five lines. Now, we can have up to eleven. ELEVEN.
Not only that, but your textboxes are too small as well. as long as it is one character away from being on the edge of the screen, it will fit. If you are having long monologues, or are just trying to fit a sentence in, then use this (or you know use the ELEVEN lines you are given). This is sorta common knowledge...

Lollipop

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on March 21, 2016, 02:17:33 AM
THE.
FREAKING.
CUTOFF.
TEXTBOXES.
Okay, look. In older versions of VVVVVV, you could only have five lines. Now, we can have up to eleven. ELEVEN.
Not only that, but your textboxes are too small as well. as long as it is one character away from being on the edge of the screen, it will fit. If you are having long monologues, or are just trying to fit a sentence in, then use this (or you know use the ELEVEN lines you are given). This is sorta common knowledge...
woah man take a chill pill fairly sure this is his first level (and it's a damn good first level)

Asmodean_

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on March 21, 2016, 02:17:33 AM
THE.
FREAKING.
CUTOFF.
TEXTBOXES.

Two words.

Backwards Compatibility.

QwertymanO07

But who has the old version?

Really, all you need to do is keep your clauses intact.

Asmodean_

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on March 21, 2016, 07:52:37 AM
But who has the old version?

Really, all you need to do is keep your clauses intact.
All you have to do is press action. It's not like the second half of the sentence is on the other side of the world.

QwertymanO07

The problem isn't that it's harder to read, it's that it looks ugly.

moth 🦋

Quote from: Asmodean_ on March 21, 2016, 07:40:36 AM

Two words.

Backwards Compatibility.
so what? there is absolutely no point. The news songs that were added now crash the game. And anyway, it's STILL FIVE LINES. NOT FOUR. I see this as an excuse. If you are really going to pull this, then at least make two versions: one with crappy textboxes and one without.