More hascontrol() help.

Started by i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts, February 28, 2016, 10:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

I'm trying to make a constantly changing room like in OVERDOSE, but having some trouble. How do I do it?

moth 🦋

a gotoroom script that fills up the who room

then load it with script1

Code (script1) Select

iftrinkets(0,script2)

then in script2

Code (script2) Select

say(2)
gotoroom(coord,coord)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
endtext
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)

NOTICE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SPACE AFTER THE SCRIPT. IT WILL. NOT. WORK. IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE.
Then repeat for every room and make it loop back to the first one. Hascontrol() is not needed here AT ALL.

Info Teddy 2

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on February 28, 2016, 10:29:41 PMa gotoroom script that fills up the who room

then load it with script1
Code (script1) Select
iftrinkets(0,script2)then in script2
Code (script2) Select
say(2)
gotoroom(coord,coord)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(2)
endtext
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)
NOTICE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SPACE AFTER THE SCRIPT. IT WILL. NOT. WORK. IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE.
Then repeat for every room and make it loop back to the first one. Hascontrol() is not needed here AT ALL.
You're bad at internal scripting. That's waaaaaay too much bloated lines of scripting. script2 should only have gotoroom(x,y) with a blank last line.

To add on, the rooms that will be constantly changing all should have scripts like these, if that wasn't clear.

moth 🦋

Actually it was clear
and I was showing that you put coordinates stop nitpicking

Info Teddy 2

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on February 29, 2016, 01:12:18 AMActually it was clear
and I was showing that you put coordinates stop nitpicking
I was telling that to Vultarix. You're nitpicking that I'm nitpicking.

Info Teddy

Quote from: shiny k on February 28, 2016, 10:29:41 PMa gotoroom script that fills up the who room
except it can't be within two tiles of a horizontal border or three tiles of a vertical border, or the player will get sucked back into the room upon leaving