Valiant Ventures [V1.4]

Started by Durrbill, April 05, 2016, 03:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJMistery

Isn't "The Rims of Infinite Possibility" a little too unfair?

That Souleye Crewmate

Never mind about the checkpoints, it's just the french checkpoints from Doormat's "bobloowmind" level
i should fix that issue, eh?

Durrbill

Quote from: SJMistery on April 06, 2016, 08:15:10 AM
Isn't "The Rims of Infinite Possibility" a little too unfair?
I toned it down a bit.

SJMistery

I am not a script expert but i think there is a way to make the colour change faster and without needing cutscene bars. I'll try to investigate to help a little. I also suggest to put a trinket or something at the top of veni vidi vici to give people a reason to actually go through when they can bypass it on basically every room of the challenge lol.

Durrbill

Quote from: SJMistery on April 07, 2016, 11:54:59 AM
I am not a script expert but i think there is a way to make the colour change faster and without needing cutscene bars. I'll try to investigate to help a little. I also suggest to put a trinket or something at the top of veni vidi vici to give people a reason to actually go through when they can bypass it on basically every room of the challenge lol.

Alright, I changed the Veni Vidi Vici tunnel almost entirely, so it can't be cut through on every room (don't ask me what the hell i was thinking when first making that). The color changing also no longer has the cutscene bars.

Bruce Michez

One last thing: it's spelled "claustrophobia".

QwertymanO07

Quote from: Durrbill on April 07, 2016, 07:58:07 PM
Alright, I changed the Veni Vidi Vici tunnel almost entirely, so it can't be cut through on every room (don't ask me what the hell i was thinking when first making that).

Honestly, I think it was way more interesting with that skip.  It mad the player feel smart for skipping a much maligned mechanic.

SJMistery

huh, misalignements on the polar dimension, on room on coordinates 13,16 (the name is unreadable sorry). the wall on the edge can cause problems if you enter the room right below it, here is a patch, fixing EVERY misalingnement, including spike misalignement errors, as well as modifying a couple of single tile blocks to look better too, and removing a redundant checkpoint just for the lulz:

fraZ0R

Sorry for the bump but the room Dodecaflip is impossible. It appears to be missing some grav lines.

Ally 🌠

It's hard but not impossible

fraZ0R

How do you do it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I want a gif showing it done.

-

A (very)Late welcome(I'm new too...in 2015)
Quote from: Durrbill on April 05, 2016, 03:45:46 AM
DO NOT LET THE "Crewmates Remaining" COUNT MISLEAD YOU.  In fact, for this level, I recommend you ignore it.
NOBODY TAKES IN THE "CREWMATES REMAINING" THING...Y

Ally 🌠

Quote from: SJMistery on April 07, 2016, 11:54:59 AM
It's easy.

All you have to do:

Code (script1) Select
iftrinkets(0,script2)

Then next y- wait
Quote from: Durrbill on April 07, 2016, 07:58:07 PM
The color changing also no longer has the cutscene bars.
shit
Well
For people that don't know

Code (script1) Select
iftrinkets(0,script2)

Code (script2) Select
changeplayercolour(COLO(U)R)