Author Topic: Stereo VVVVVV  (Read 2191 times)

Whirligig

• Captain
    • View Profile
Stereo VVVVVV
« on: December 02, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
Here's a crazy idea I had. I obviously don't expect this to be in the next version of VVVVVV (if there is one), but I think this would be pretty cool.

This is a screenshot of the Secret Lab

and this is what I came up with after some crafty image editing. Cross your eyes until the two images appear on top of each other.

What do you think?

lazer bomb

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Re: Stereo VVVVVV
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
:viridian:
I love this type of 3d image.
But, how would this work? I don't want to spend an hour with my eyes crossed playing VVVVVV...

Whirligig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
Well, it would be fine with me, but red/blue stereo wouldn't be too hard to do either and could, in fact, be included as a separate option in the menu, were Terry to do this.

Rox

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
The real question is why you'd want stereoscopic 3D in a 2D game... It doesn't even have parallax scrolling or anything to begin with! But I admit it does look pretty neat. I'd use a room using both the foreground, background and starfield layers for maximum depth effect.

Also, 3D monitors are all the rage nowdays, so I'd rather he just make it compatible with ALL kinds if you want to go to these lengths! Interleaved, stereoscopic, multiple choice color separation, all that stuff.

CooL

• Crewmate
  • Don't rock the boat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:50:36 AM »
The real question is why you'd want stereoscopic 3D in a 2D game...
Agreed.