Author Topic: Music similarities and possible inspiration ... hmm ...  (Read 2325 times)

Whirligig

• Captain
    • View Profile
Music similarities and possible inspiration ... hmm ...
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
Listen to SoulEye's chiptune "Chipped Face" on his website. Notice that after a few seconds, the chord progression sounds a lot like Positive Force's, the melody contains at least three of the same notes (consecutively), and the key is only a semitone higher (A minor instead of Ab minor). Could Chipped Face have inspired Positive Force and/or Pushing onwards?

EDIT: Aww, I pushed YYYYYY down to the second page. Sorry Robson. Hey, maybe with the extra custom level functionality I'm adding to CCCCCCCCCC, this means we can compete with each other!  :vermillion: On second thought, maybe not. Hmm.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:26:17 PM by Whirligig »

Pilzi

• Crewmate
  • ME IZ AWESOME :D
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Music similarities and possible inspiration ... hmm ...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
Thats an interesting theory! Never thought about that.  :verdigris: Though I did notice that some songs sound pretty similar!
And that reminds me that I have to listen to some more of souleye's music!  :vitellary: So sorry I have to go and listen to his awesome music  :viridian:

Robson

• Professor
  • Hugs not Drugs
    • View Profile
    • http://iceyboard.no-ip.org
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
EDIT: Aww, I pushed YYYYYY down to the second page. Sorry Robson. Hey, maybe with the extra custom level functionality I'm adding to CCCCCCCCCC, this means we can compete with each other!  :vermillion: On second thought, maybe not. Hmm.
FFFFFForgiven :viridian:

To be honest I've kinda burnt out on making games. Whilst I do enjoy making games, I think I spent a bit too much time doing that during the making of YYYYYY. Nowadays my job involves programming all day, so going home and doing even more programming has lost it's appeal.

Luckily this doesn't hurt my interest in playing games, so I'd love to see updates to CCCCCCCCCC. I need something to tear me away from Minecraft!

Whirligig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
You program for a living? I'd love to hear more about that.  :viridian: What is it like? Is it fun? How much do you work?

Robson

• Professor
  • Hugs not Drugs
    • View Profile
    • http://iceyboard.no-ip.org
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:07 AM »
You program for a living? I'd love to hear more about that.  :viridian: What is it like? Is it fun? How much do you work?
Oh I'm afraid it's not game-related at all, so you might find it kinda boring!

I work full-time for a market research company, writing projects that allow people to analyse data or automatically generate presentations from data. There's several things I like about the job, such as working with a lot of people, having a nice amount of freedom when thinking up solutions, and there's a lot of variety.

For example, with my current project I'm using data submitted from our offices around the world to automatically generate a workbook of Excel charts. This can be anything from Australian ice cream manufacturers to Russian hair products!

In January I'll be writing a project that matches brands to celebrities. We talk to thousands of people and ask them what attributes they associate with brands and celebrities, from a list like adventurous, honest, innocent, rebellious. You could use the tool to determine which celebrities are most suitable to advertise your brand.