VED - The External VVVVVV Level Editor!

Started by Lollipop, April 30, 2016, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

(Announcing this both on tOLP and here because this is a pretty big update)

Ved 1.1.0 has been released! It adds many new features, including:

Custom brush sizes and a selection/stamp feature:

The ability to easily create load scripts by pressing ctrl+enter or shift+enter when placing a script box or terminal:

Background colors in level notes:

An indicator whether coordinates are set to start at 1 or 0:

Command line arguments support - you can now supply a level name to load, or instantly make a new level with --new or -n.

More shortcuts - For example, in the script list, you can press N for creating a new script and F and going to the flags list.

And more things!

As always, you can read about almost all of the changes in the changelog on the download page.

WoodStuff

WoodStuff

crashed:

func.lua:2098: attempt to index local 'origtext' (a number value)

Ved version: 1.1.0
LÖVE version: v0.10
State: 1
Plugins: (none)

lol...ipops2

Quote from: WoodStuff on March 29, 2017, 04:18:10 PM
crashed:

func.lua:2098: attempt to index local 'origtext' (a number value)

Ved version: 1.1.0
LÖVE version: v0.10
State: 1
Plugins: (none)
1.12 Fixes this. 1.11 fixed this too, but you couldn't place entities.

DoggieBreak

For a reason i cant save my level! Can somebody help me with this!  :victoria:

Dav999

Do you get any error message when you try?

DoggieBreak

I did the message says that there was no such file or directory

Dav999

Have you ever run VVVVVV (or VVVVVV Make and Play) itself?

Dav999

What is the actual path to your levels folder? And what is the full path that Ved displays?

DoggieBreak

my path: Tobias schrederhof/documents/VVVVVV/Levels
Ved's path: Tobia/documents/VVVVVV/levels

Dav999

That doesn't look like they're the full paths, could you please accurately post them, including all correct capitalization, in whatever language it is in (not sure if you translated "documents", but non-latin alphabets or accented characters could cause these sorts of things) and including everything in front of your username? (Feel free to make screenshots or copy paste them instead.) Also, what operating system are you using?

Judging from the paths you posted, VVVVVV and Ved strangely seem to be detecting two different usernames - is the first S accented maybe (Tobiaš/Tobiaş/Tobiaś/etc)?

DoggieBreak

I think i know what  i need to do but how am i supposed to write it down on the options?

Dav999

Whatever the full path to the VVVVVV folder is... On Windows (I have to guess, Mac and Linux don't use the documents folder for this), that would probably start with C:\Users\ (I don't know if your documents folder is on another drive), and would use backslashes if you're on Windows, not forward slashes.

It would be really helpful to know why Ved isn't detecting the correct path in the first place, though, so that I know if there's a bug that can be fixed. Could you please answer all questions in my previous post?