No Death Mode

Started by eyf, January 11, 2010, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyf

Yeah, I'm positively crazy.

I'd like to know if there's anything to gain from collecting all the trinkets in No Death Mode. I'd really hate to put in the effort if it wasn't required.

(And if so, how on earth can Prize for the Reckless work since you have to die in it?)

Also, Gravitron without dying once? Srsly.

Terry

The game acknowledges that you've completed no death mode, but it doesn't care if you've got 20 trinkets or just 1. It's up to you if you wanna try and get them :)

Quote(And if so, how on earth can Prize for the Reckless work since you have to die in it?)

You'll find out! Congrats for giving it a shot, by the way, I think most people are a little scared by it.

Terry

Quote from: eyf on January 11, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
Also, Gravitron without dying once? Srsly.

This is very doable because the Gravitron is more or less a set wave pattern. Try playing it a few times from the menu if you wanna get used to how it works.

Applekid

Quote from: Terry on January 11, 2010, 08:12:51 PM
The game acknowledges that you've completed no death mode, but it doesn't care if you've got 20 trinkets or just 1. It's up to you if you wanna try and get them :)

Of course, by getting all 20 without dying you get massive street cred (put it on youtube for a million Theoretical Dollars).

eyf

Quote from: Terry on January 11, 2010, 08:12:51 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll aim for a trinket-less completion first. Baby steps, you know.

KingOreO

Was curious if anyone was attempting any runs at this.

So far my best run was this, I don't know how I died in that room... :victoria:

Mercen4ry

At a guess, I'm pretty sure those of us who don't want to cheat are blocked on picking up our first four S Ranks in Time Trials. :)

I'm still working on my fourth in The Warp Zone. Once I get it, I intend to take a shot at No Death mode. ;)

Edit: Yep, that's about as hard as I expected. Good job making it through Space Station 1, The Laboratory, and The Tower without dying, by the way. Those are the ones I was successful at in Time Trials with No Deaths.

I think it's safe to say you're a bit better than most of us are at this game. ;)

Applekid

I unlocked No Death mode a few nights ago but I only played it twice, once I exited right away (to find my regular save deleted. :'(), second time I slipped on a banana peel ran off a walkway ledge into some spikes trying to get Space Station 2 out of the way first. I felt completely disheartened.

It said "Nice One". Ha ha, because I only rescued one. Ha ha ha.. ha...   :-X

I'll try it again when I'm feeling masochistic.

allen

I think the best way to do it is practice. Just play like normal and pretend that no death mode is on. When you do die, you practice over and over again until you can do it perfectly without dying. Speed should also be the last thing on your mind. I still think it would take hours and hours of practicing and failed attempts before someone gets thins.  But I'm awfully surprised someone hasn't done it yet. I kinda thought that someone would hurry up and secure the bragging rights for this.

BlueSkies

Quote from: Mercen4ry on January 17, 2010, 10:03:55 PMGood job making it through Space Station 1, The Laboratory, and The Tower without dying, by the way. Those are the ones I was successful at in Time Trials with No Deaths.

You've V ranked the Lab? I can't imagine being able to get the I'm Sorry trinket without a death.

Mercen4ry

Quote from: BlueSkies on January 19, 2010, 12:35:18 AM
You've V ranked the Lab? I can't imagine being able to get the I'm Sorry trinket without a death.
S-Ranked. I suffer a mutual exclusion on that last trinket; I can get through without dying or finish the level within time and trinkets.

Both at the same time? Not really. ;)

Edited to add: I have managed to get that trinket on the first try before. It's all a matter of timing. :)

The Brass

Arrrggghh! I had that level V'd! And I was right near the end too!

SoulEye

Apparently somebody will finish no death mode pretty soon! The game is on, men! Do your best! :)

Terry

This is my own best attempt so far. This mode can be really intense - I keep messing up in simple rooms like Traffic Jam. :victoria:

kyledog

I really want to see what the trophy will look like! Terry, any hints??