Terry

Started by moth 🦋, May 16, 2016, 10:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moth 🦋

I will pay you money if you add another update to VVVVVV

fraZ0R

I will vote for Donald Trump if it means you make another update... oh wait i am not old enough to vote take that back.

moth 🦋

Quote from: 5tr4 on May 16, 2016, 10:59:08 PM
I will vote for Donald Trump if it means you make another update... oh wait i am not old enough to vote take that back.
no I'm actually dead serious

Viridan

what would be in the update anyways? aside from fixing the "permanent cutscene bars with flag-goto" bug

moth 🦋

I don't know, maybe custom crewmate colors and ease of access larger than 2x2 enemies

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

I know right

I'll ask Terry.

What I'd like to see:

Everything Shiny said
The option to download the original game map, with all scripts placed, in a .vvvvvv file.
the ability to toggle jump mode
Easily colour-changable textboxes to any colour

moth 🦋

jump mode sucks honestly
the text box thing is nice
and I guess the vvvvvv d/l is cool

allison

The biggest thing would be launching a custom level from commandline so that Ved can test levels.

Aside from that, I'd like the ability to make a level use map.png instead of the generated world map, so people could create custom map displays with asset modding.

Which is a bizarrely specific and rather small feature, but I know what I want!

moth 🦋

Quote from: crazya02 on May 17, 2016, 03:47:24 AM
The biggest thing would be launching a custom level from commandline so that Ved can test levels.

Aside from that, I'd like the ability to make a level use map.png instead of the generated world map, so people could create custom map displays with asset modding.

Which is a bizarrely specific and rather small feature, but I know what I want!
YES  THATS PERFECTION

allison

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on May 17, 2016, 03:59:53 AM
YES  THATS PERFECTION
Remember that I made these. I kinda have a thing for game maps.

Ally 🌠

We never forgot

Terry

I'm unlikely to add anything new to VVVVVV at this point (it's six and a half years old now!), and any updates I do in future will just be to fix compatibility with new operating systems, and things like that. Adding new features to custom levels (e.g. custom PNG minimaps, tower levels, fixing behaviours like how cutscene bars work) would branch the game into an old custom map format and a new custom map format, creating compatibility issues, which I really don't want to do!

What I *could* see happening are additions to the map editor that don't break the current map format - like, it'd be cool if there was a switch to allow internal scripting that automatically took care of implementation in the background. That sorta thing!

lol...ipops2

maybe a new scripting language that does everything internal scripting can and makes it simpler!

Also an epilogue would be cool

moth 🦋

Quote from: Terry on May 19, 2016, 12:04:33 PM
I'm unlikely to add anything new to VVVVVV at this point (it's six and a half years old now!), and any updates I do in future will just be to fix compatibility with new operating systems, and things like that. Adding new features to custom levels (e.g. custom PNG minimaps, tower levels, fixing behaviours like how cutscene bars work) would branch the game into an old custom map format and a new custom map format, creating compatibility issues, which I really don't want to do!

What I *could* see happening are additions to the map editor that don't break the current map format - like, it'd be cool if there was a switch to allow internal scripting that automatically took care of implementation in the background. That sorta thing!
more... flags? that would make the things VVVVVV can do be out of this world, couldn't it? Vultarix's SWTG recreation idea would work with this
(well if he has like 1,000 flags but that's a bit much so nevermind) but still

Ally 🌠

let me make it
Wait I don't know c++