Possible to mod Bosca Ceoil?

Started by Trinket4067, August 10, 2016, 07:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinket4067

Hey, I've been wondering if it's possible to somehow mod bosca ceoil to add more instruments to it. Is it possible?

Tainy

I was wondering a similar thing, can instruments be replaced? Resource Hacker isn't getting me any results.

allison

It's open source, so you can fork it. No need to hack the binary or something silly like that.

Trinket4067

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to add sound assets... or any way, for that matter. Let me just add that I have no idea on how to open-source.

Ally 🌠

"I have no idea how to open-source"
Well first you grab google
And find out what open source means

I'll probably check this out later

moth 🦋

Quote from: Luigi master on August 11, 2016, 12:57:50 PM
"I have no idea how to open-source"
Well first you grab google
And find out what open source means

I'll probably check this out later
already told him and he should be editing it right now
this topic is sorta closed

Terry

Bosca Ceoil uses SiON as a synth for instruments, but there's no reason it couldn't in theory be extended to use WAV files instead. It's a lot of work, though, and would kinda ruin the simplicity of the tool.

Trinket4067

Oh, okay. What I wanted to do was configure it so I could use Starbound's instrument set instead, which IMO, is much nicer sounding (with the exception of the ocarina)

Starbound already uses an ABC system for playing its sound files with instruments with 8 different sound files and a tuning.config file. I might be able to use this... if I had any idea on how to Flash.

Terry

Huh, interesting! Do you have a link to any information on Starbound's instruments or music format? Is it using a soundfont?

Trinket4067

Each instrument in Starbound uses 8 sound files each, and its own tuning.config files. Starbound uses ABC files to play its instruments. That's, really, about all I know.

If you want to know more about the ABC notation, you can go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_notation
And to learn more about the Starbound music system, you can go here: http://starbounder.org/Music