Author Topic: can we get some updates  (Read 1241 times)

shiny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the MOTHER3 world
    • View Profile
    • my msuic
can we get some updates
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:00:40 PM »
http://thelettervsixtim.es/editor.html

on these levels I mean
like adding dim. open

LafondaSaysMeow

• Captain
  • woah im gone again?? who would've thought
    • View Profile
Re: can we get some updates
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
i think terry has abandoned that site since he kept featuring levels afterwards away from that site but idk if he still does
edit: he also did link to this forum on that site so that is something to think about

and the thing about those levels is that almost all of them have internal scripting which was an element that was never meant to ever be in the game itself
terry did try removing it because it sort of breaks the game but people discovered it again and now almost every level that isn't bad has internal scripting
to be honest, it is kind of hard to feature levels with levels that literally break the game's parser
sure, there may be lots of really good simple levels out there, but i don't think terry has the time to dig through everywhere to find levels like that
the bracketed series might be good though

please don't abandon internal scripting though it's still really cool
I don't think I've ever been calmer before o_o
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:10:39 PM by LafondaSaysMeow »

Dav999

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • The Open Level Project
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »
and the thing about those levels is that almost all of them have internal scripting which was an element that was never meant to ever be in the game itself
terry did try removing it because it sort of breaks the game but people discovered it again and now almost every level that isn't bad has internal scripting
He had to remove the first discovered internal scripting exploit because it relied on a bug when text boxes had 6 or more lines, which was already going to be supported in VVVVVV 2.1.

LafondaSaysMeow

• Captain
  • woah im gone again?? who would've thought
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:28:08 PM »
that is kind of what i meant
but okay