Inside Ship HYP777

Started by blue626, September 09, 2016, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

SURPRISE MOTHERF***ERS

(you may skip these 3 paragraphs if you just want to know about the level).
When I got version 2.0 of this game, the first thing I did in the level editor was the first room of this level. And it's been a long time... 4 years and 3 months to be precise.
Well, I obviously didn't spend the whole time making this level. I was making another one in which I gave up later on; I played other people's levels; I also spent a bit of time in the main game modes. But most notably; I quit this game at some points.
By the end of summer 2014 I had done at least 80% of this level but lost motivation to continue. In 2015, I took advantage of Direct Mode in v.2.2. to improve some rooms; and in this year I finally finished it, it was worth it.

All right, so, about about the level: This is, more than anything, a traditional VVVVVV level. It has NO INTERNAL SCRIPTING, I never intended to. Also, it isn't split in areas like the typical large levels, there's only one way to go for most of the level... Don't expect much of the level please.

One thing about this level which I doubt anyone else used: It has several shortcuts; most of them after you get a trinket. The player has both the option to go back after they get the trinket so that they go through the whole level, and to take advantage of the shortcut.

It has a small story, but I didn't want to develop much on it.

WARNING: This level contains some extremely hard parts; I haven't even finished the level myself (although I did most rooms, each at a time). If you don't think you're good at this game then don't even bother getting all trinkets. Maybe you'll get my point if look at one of the screenshots below, heh...

Some data about the level:
Size: 15x10
Unused rooms: 38 (if I counted right)
Trinkets: 16
Crewmates: 3

Screenshots:

Like I said, don't expect much.
I would like to get some criticism, whether it's constructive or rude, thank you.

Changelog:

v.1.0.1: Nerfed "So Many Spikes!" trinket.

666th post fuk yehhh xddd

Ally 🌠

blue why
>non resizing images
dav where are you with your full width image thing

anyways 4 years?
wew

gonna play soon

blue626

blue626

NEW VERSION

I made one of the trinkets at the beginning easier.
See OP.

blue626

Come on guys, I want feedback.

LafondaSaysMeow

blue626

I take it I bumped too soon? :-[
I guess I'm just anxious to know how shitty my level is.
But pls, give me feedback at some point, you don't even have to finish the level first. If you see any part that should be improved, tell me. If you don't see any... idk, your general opinion about it, perhaps.

SJMistery

Welcome back man! Sadly my main PC, where i have the game, has suffered a case of fried electronics, so i won't be able to rate your level or any other for a while, but i will keep it in mind once i get the M&P edition installed on the netbook.

blue626

fraZ0R

blue626

^fuck off fagg, this bump is serious.

moth 🦋

oh hello blue I'll play this level at some point maybe idk