The Quick Question Thread

Started by Quote, September 15, 2016, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

People who have simple solution questions can post theirs here, without having to create an entirely new topic for it.  I'm sorry if this has been done in the past, but I just figured why clutter the forum.

I'll start.  Does anyone know the size of Dimension VVVVVV from the main game, excluding the intermissions?

QwertymanO07

It's 20x20, hence the maximum map size, though the Tower is kind of weird.

Will anything terrible happen if you open a level in both the VVVVVV editor and Ved at the same time?

LafondaSaysMeow

I don't know if it is humanly possible to open them both at the exact same second due to loading times and the fact that you only have 1 keyboard, so don't worry.

Why is this thread giving me deja vu vibes?
Why is it that when I change through this thread and another thread my avatar moves up a tiny bit but everything else stays?
Am I allowed to put more than one question here?

moth 🦋

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on September 15, 2016, 01:05:12 AM
Will anything terrible happen if you open a level in both the VVVVVV editor and Ved at the same time?
no it works great

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on September 15, 2016, 01:13:05 AM

Why is this thread giving me deja vu vibes?
Why is it that when I change through this thread and another thread my avatar moves up a tiny bit but everything else stays?
Am I allowed to put more than one question here?
1. I know right?  It seems like such an obvious thread to have but apparently not I guess.
2. Hmm, can't answer that
3. Sure, why not.  Though since this is under VVVVVV help I would prefer if most questions are about the game.

(This one's probably really obvious but) Why is Viridian accepted as genderless by the community?

allison

Quote from: Quote on September 15, 2016, 02:40:23 AM
(This one's probably really obvious but) Why is Viridian accepted as genderless by the community?
It's left ambiguous ingame

Quattro

Why is Viridian accepted as genderless by the community?
Oh, I think everyone is accepted as genderless in this game, except for Victoria. I mean, Verdigris and Vermillion are not particularly detailed in this instance. As maybe for Vitellary, that has got a low squeak.

Why this forum is slowly degenerating?
And, ingame: Where to find the Tower floor tileset?

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: Quattro_ on September 15, 2016, 09:39:22 AM
Vermillion
Why do people do that with him?

Quote from: Quote on September 15, 2016, 02:40:23 AM
1. I know right?  It seems like such an obvious thread to have but apparently not I guess.
no i'm saying i made a forum game similar to this recently

there is another forum that we go on a bit more often, you likely know what i'm talking about, but i won't say it here because it opens a gate for more shitposters to go there

And, ingame: Where to find the Tower floor tileset?
um? i don't get what you are asking here... the tower tileset is tiles3

I know I'm kind of breaking my own rules by answering this, but this question has been on my mind for a while.  My theory is, aside from the shitposters, that there aren't a lot of new people around.  It seems to me, even though I haven't been around here for long, that it's the same 10 or 15 people on this forum who are active.  Most of the new people here are either shitposters or post one level then leave.  Being within the same exact group of people isn't very healthy for a forum, at least in my opinion.  And I think we can all agree that VVVVVV isn't the most popular game in the world, so we don't necessarily have new people flocking in constantly.
Like Lafonda said, if this forum really does go to the Sacred Grounds, then we do have an alternative.

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: Quote on September 15, 2016, 11:52:59 AM
I know I'm kind of breaking my own rules by answering this, but this question has been on my mind for a while.  My theory is, aside from the shitposters, that there aren't a lot of new people around.  It seems to me, even though I haven't been around here for long, that it's the same 10 or 15 people on this forum who are active.  Most of the new people here are either shitposters or post one level then leave.  Being within the same exact group of people isn't very healthy for a forum, at least in my opinion.  And I think we can all agree that VVVVVV isn't the most popular game in the world, so we don't necessarily have new people flocking in constantly.
Like Lafonda said, if this forum really does go to the Sacred Grounds, then we do have an alternative.
I mostly just feel like the main posters that go here tend to also go on that other forum that has more content that is mostly crap, so not as many posts come here, creating a chain reaction of not many people replying to the others.

moth 🦋

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on September 15, 2016, 08:58:50 PM
I mostly just feel like the main posters that go here tend to also go on that other forum that has more content that is mostly crap, so not as many posts come here, creating a chain reaction of not many people replying to the others.
You have no idea how long this degeneration stuff has been going on
it mainly started with the closing of distractionware, kreator did some damage, and then shitposty users began to join and everything went "downhill"

-

And some people(like me) just read and play and do not post.

moth 🦋

no seriouslywho honestly spells it "vermillion" it' "vermilion"
there's a difference between his name being just a color and his name being a name
I also like to think of verdigris' name being prounounced as "ver-dih-grihs" instead of "ver-dih-grea" becasue it seems more fitting for it to not just be a color, rather a name of a unique and special individual

Bruce Michez

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on September 16, 2016, 06:36:57 PM
I also like to think of verdigris' name being prounounced as "ver-dih-grihs" instead of "ver-dih-grea" becasue it seems more fitting for it to not just be a color, rather a name of a unique and special individual
"Ver-dih-grihs" is actually the correct pronunciation, and I know quite a few people in real life who get it wrong.  The term "verdigris" is an Anglicized spelling of Old French vert de Grice, which literally means "green of Greece".

moth 🦋