RRRRRR (MEGA UPDATE)

Started by pixelator, September 26, 2016, 09:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelator

NOTE: Version 1.3.1 includes new graphics files, so if you have an old version of the level, download that attachment again.

Hi again! I didn't like the way Dimension Pixel was going, so this time I've started on a completely new level called Dimension RRRRRR.

Anyway, the story for this level is: :viridian: and his crew crash in yet ANOTHER dimension. :viridian: seems to be in the middle of nowhere when he receives a transmission from :vitellary: saying the crew is okay and the first thing :viridian: should do is find the Souleye.

Once :viridian: finds the ship, :vitellary: gathers everyone and then (after a LOT of interruptions from the crew) states the problem: the Hyper Drive appears to be busted, and you need 20 :shiny: to repair it. For some reason, all the trinkets from previous adventures are gone. I won't go into detail on why that happened.

However, once all the trinkets have been collected, :viridian: returns to the ship and finds something strange...

Features:
More areas!
Trinket collecting!
A more expansive overworld than in D. Pixel!
A functioning trinket room on the Ship! Nope. Not happening.

Trinket Map:

Overworld: Three
Mystery Dungeon: One
Space Station: Five
Warp Zone: Two
The Lab: Two
The Tower: Four
Bizarro World: Three
Final Level: None, because you need all twenty to reach it. Duh.

Changelog:
Release 1.3.1:

• Actually added Vermilion to the ship at the end, whoops
  • Added CUSTOM EXPRESSIONS

Release 1.3.0:

• Optimized all the scripts
  • Added Level Complete screens to all the areas
  • Added a Game Complete screen to the end
  • Extended the ending cutscene to make it end less abruptly
  • Modified some room names and cutscenes
  • Changed some tile designs in the Lab
  • Added back the transparency to the Lab spikes (seriously why were they black)
  • Modified the bottom left Ship room
  • Added more to the ship at the end
  • Tried to make collected trinkets appear on the ship, but no

Release 1.0.1:

• Fixed a game-crashing bug in the cutscene that warps you to the Final Level, because I forgot to change the say() number after adding the command that disables the map
  • Renamed "(9)" to "Oddly Familiar"
  • Changed "Oddly Familiar" a bit
  • Renamed "Super VVVVVV Odyssey" to "#2 MORTON'S PLAINS"
  • Renamed "Breath of the VVVVVV" to "Fake Spikes Are Fake"
  • Modified the ending cutscene a tiny bit

First Full Release (Version 1.0.0):

+ Added The Final Level
+ Added Nintendo Switch Wrapswitch terminals
+ Added The Gravitron
+ Added spikes
+ Added an alarm system
+ Added prison
+ Added random terminal that you activate to break the final level and stuff
+ Added yellow ink
+ Added the oc crew I mentioned earlier
+ Added YET ANOTHER oc as a villain
+ Added crewmates
+ Added dialogue with crewmates
+ Added The Ship Cutscene
+ Added a ton of references
+ Added a small amount of humor
+ Added the Stanley Parable Adventure Lineā„¢
+ Added lots of gravity lines
+ Added covfefe
+ Added myself
- Removed cringe
- Removed most of Captain Vilanzo's intelligence
- Removed Verisix from the ending due to... scripting issues

Screenshots:

So that's all for now. Nice.
(Apparently the name is already taken. I don't care anymore.)

allison

I really like the visual design of the SHAZAM room.

pixelator

Quote from: crazya on September 27, 2016, 04:06:18 AM
I really like the visual design of the SHAZAM room.

Thanks. That's a part of Bizarro World, the land where spikes are good and everything appears right in front of you.

This does mean you'll need a new tiles2, which I'll put with the level.

pixelator

The first alpha is out! Huzzah! :viridian:
(You can find it on the original post.)
I kinda wanted to get it out quickly, but I didn't finish some stuff, such as the ship cutscene, so yeah. Try to enjoy it for now.

CreepiX

This level is AWESOME! I like it!

CreepiX

Also, how do these wires work? They don't block gravity lines!

pixelator

Quote from: CreepiX on October 27, 2016, 09:40:13 AM

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Basically, what do you mean, in which area?

CreepiX

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on October 27, 2016, 11:21:36 AM

I tried them in my level, they don't block g. lines!

pixelator

Quote from: CreepiX on October 27, 2016, 11:48:02 AM

What, the vertical ones? ...Oh. I think I included a copy of those tiles in my tiles2, and the copy doesn't block gravlines. Try the tiles in the upper-left corner, as those are what I used.

LafondaSaysMeow

this topic was created on my birthday
maybe i'll play this once i finish [X]

Chara Dreemurr

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on October 27, 2016, 07:32:06 PM

What, the vertical ones? ...Oh. I think I included a copy of those tiles in my tiles2, and the copy doesn't block gravlines. Try the tiles in the upper-left corner, as those are what I used.
I'd like permission to mess around with the level. You know, add a few challenges, a few extra tunnels, a few more challenges, etc. And, I would make an oc called Verocina. Verocina is a girl villi, just so you know. She's white, like Vanilla from "Dimension Open" by Various People. As for the level, I could call it "Back to RRRRRR!"

pixelator

Quote from: Chara Dreemurr on October 29, 2016, 01:53:40 PM

I'd like permission to mess around with the level. You know, add a few challenges, a few extra tunnels, a few more challenges, etc. And, I would make an oc called Verocina. Verocina is a girl villi, just so you know. She's white, like Vanilla from "Dimension Open" by Various People. As for the level, I could call it "Back to RRRRRR!"

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

...Sorry about that. It's just... I'm not too fond of that idea. And I definitely don't want any more tunnels.

Also, if you haven't met them yet from Dimension Pixel, here are my own oc's, with their own backstories...

Captain Vilanzo (dark red, male) Liked the idea of exploring space, so he bought the D.S.S. Pixela with intentions of having his very own crew. He's a big jokester, and when he first met Viridian he never believed anything he said. At first, his crew was only composed of two people, himself, and his sister...

Doctor Vazz (bright cyan, female) Was persuaded to come along with Vilanzo on his crew. She's big on video games, doesn't really like leaving her room (the trinket room) on the ship, and she's a bit shy. However, she has... strong... feelings towards Vitellary...

Professor Vurin (light gray, male) Being rescued from the Computer Zone, Vurin is one of those intellectual people. Does math equations for fun, and uses big words a lot. Also likes doing science experiments.

Chief Vo (dark blue, male) Vo was eager to join Vilanzo's crew (of three) after hearing tales of it. He became fast friends with Vurin, however, due to an experiment gone wrong by him, Vo now says nothing but "I am Vo." Poor thing.

Officer Vibrant (bright yellow, male) Yeah. That's his ACTUAL NAME. I couldn't think of anything better for someone who's bright yellow. Anyway, found cowering in fear at the bottom of a dimension full of monsters, Vibrant is afraid of everything. It doesn't help that he would do anything to get away from the next crewmate...

Doctor Vivian (dark purple, female) Yes, she's the same color as Commander Indigo. Not that it matters anymore. She immediately fell in love with Officer Vibrant after he rescued her from Dimension Pixel's first Warp Zone. Since then, she's become a little... not right in the head. She'll now do anything to get at Vibrant.

There is one more, but he isn't part of the crew. In fact, he's the main villain of my level. So, yeah, there's no way I'm telling you about him.

Chara Dreemurr

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on October 29, 2016, 04:49:18 PM

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

...Sorry about that. It's just... I'm not too fond of that idea. And I definitely don't want any more tunnels.

Also, if you haven't met them yet from Dimension Pixel, here are my own oc's, with their own backstories...

Captain Vilanzo (dark red, male) Liked the idea of exploring space, so he bought the D.S.S. Pixela with intentions of having his very own crew. He's a big jokester, and when he first met Viridian he never believed anything he said. At first, his crew was only composed of two people, himself, and his sister...

Doctor Vazz (bright cyan, female) Was persuaded to come along with Vilanzo on his crew. She's big on video games, doesn't really like leaving her room (the trinket room) on the ship, and she's a bit shy. However, she has... strong... feelings towards Vitellary...

Professor Vurin (light gray, male) Being rescued from the Computer Zone, Vurin is one of those intellectual people. Does math equations for fun, and uses big words a lot. Also likes doing science experiments.

Chief Vo (dark blue, male) Vo was eager to join Vilanzo's crew (of three) after hearing tales of it. He became fast friends with Vurin, however, due to an experiment gone wrong by him, Vo now says nothing but "I am Vo." Poor thing.

Officer Vibrant (bright yellow, male) Yeah. That's his ACTUAL NAME. I couldn't think of anything better for someone who's bright yellow. Anyway, found cowering in fear at the bottom of a dimension full of monsters, Vibrant is afraid of everything. It doesn't help that he would do anything to get away from the next crewmate...

Doctor Vivian (dark purple, female) Yes, she's the same color as Commander Indigo. Not that it matters anymore. She immediately fell in love with Officer Vibrant after he rescued her from Dimension Pixel's first Warp Zone. Since then, she's become a little... not right in the head. She'll now do anything to get at Vibrant.

There is one more, but he isn't part of the crew. In fact, he's the main villain of my level. So, yeah, there's no way I'm telling you about him.
Let me MESS AROUND WITH IT, OK?

pixelator

Quote from: Chara Dreemurr on October 29, 2016, 11:27:06 PM

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

WHAT THE-
COME ON. IS THIS REALLY WHAT THIS HAS BECOME?
NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LEVELS WILL NOT BE "teh best vvvvv levels in all of existnce lol xd."
YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR. YOU CAN'T JUST FORCE EVERYONE TO LET YOU MODIFY THEIR HARD WORK.
AND DON'T TRY TO BECOME A MOD, EITHER.
(Oh, no... What have I done?)

Okay, I just HAD to let that out. No offense.
Also, I'm still working on the level. You would have to wait for it to be finished to be able to modify it.

Chara Dreemurr

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on October 30, 2016, 01:15:11 PM
Quote from: Chara Dreemurr on October 29, 2016, 11:27:06 PM

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

WHAT THE-
COME ON. IS THIS REALLY WHAT THIS HAS BECOME?
NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LEVELS WILL NOT BE "teh best vvvvv levels in all of existnce lol xd."
YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR. YOU CAN'T JUST FORCE EVERYONE TO LET YOU MODIFY THEIR HARD WORK.
AND DON'T TRY TO BECOME A MOD, EITHER.
(Oh, no... What have I done?)

Okay, I just HAD to let that out. No offense.
Also, I'm still working on the level. You would have to wait for it to be finished to be able to modify it.
I want to remodify (which is a true word by the way) the level, please.