Silliness

Started by Terry, January 12, 2011, 10:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

So while out on a walk earlier I had a thought; I should make a whole series of games called after the various phonetic spellings of VVVVVV - I'd call one "VeeVeeVeeVeeVeeVee", another "VuhVuhVuhVuhVuhVuh", another "Six Vs", another "the letter V six times", another "Veeeeeeee", and so on.

This would make it almost impossible to indicate what game you were talking about in conversation.

Whirligig

But what about an elongated buzzing "vvvvvv" sound ([vː] for all you IPA enthusiasts)? That's one possible pronunciation of VVVVVV that can't be expressed with a phonetic spelling of anything but iterated V's, but that's already the name of the original.

Still, it would be funny to hear everybody forced to pronounce the original that way. "I was playing VVVVVV the other day ..."

mcpower

In 2024, Terry will release a sequel to VVVVVV, called MMXXIV, starring Max, Michelle, Xavier, Ximena, Indigo and Viridian.

Rox

Of course you'd get ideas like that, you crazy person.

I recently suggested that EA rename their coming "Battlefield Play4Free" into just plain "Battlefield Free" so it'd be really confusing when Battlefield 3 comes out, but that's another story...

Arkatox

Terry, I don't care what you name your sequels, as long as you make them! ;D

Whirligig

Arkatox

I once considered making a prequel. Still might someday.

Also:
Quote from: Terry on January 12, 2011, 10:55:51 PM
So while out on a walk earlier I had a thought; I should make a whole series of games called after the various phonetic spellings of VVVVVV - I'd call one "VeeVeeVeeVeeVeeVee", another "VuhVuhVuhVuhVuhVuh", another "Six Vs", another "the letter V six times", another "Veeeeeeee", and so on.

This would make it almost impossible to indicate what game you were talking about in conversation.
We could just call them V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, etc.

Unless, of course, you made a game officially called V6, and it wasn't the 6th game. Hahaha.

SoulEye

I don't like the name V6 primarily because there's a chewing gum with that name here in Sweden. Other than that, I like it lots! :)
Just adding/removing V's from VVVVVV would probably do the trick as well, wouldn't it? Only Notch has already made VVVV.

Whirligig

Then we'd just call V "V1," VV "V2," VVVVVV "V6," etc. V4 would then be Notch's game.

The Brass

V1, V2, V3, V4, VV, (VV)V1, (VV)V2, (VV)V3, (VV)V4, VX, (VX)V1...

dinx2582

Perhaps you could take advantage of the fact that a W looks like two V's?  I'm sure there's a website joke in there somewhere a la WWW.yougettheidea.com

Rox

Clearly, in that case, WWW.thegame.com would be the way to go.

Whirligig

But that address makes me lose THE GAME!

VAgentZero

wayc

Quote from: SoulEye on March 23, 2011, 07:39:59 PM
I don't like the name V6 primarily because there's a chewing gum with that name here in Sweden. Other than that, I like it lots! :)
Just adding/removing V's from VVVVVV would probably do the trick as well, wouldn't it? Only Notch has already made VVVV.

Didn't want to start a whole new topic just to say this. 

I like to call it Sextuple V.  :D  Without a breath between "ple" and "V."  Haha.