Author Topic: Vacation-wrecked DEMO  (Read 876 times)

510lliw

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Vacation-wrecked DEMO
« on: November 24, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
I'm working on one of my first levels, Vacation-Wrecked!
I decided to release a little demo of it and see what you guys think.
Feel free to leave feedback! I'd love to make my level better!
Here's a link to the level download on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvyob9nroikq9vm/Vacation-wrecked%20DEMO.vvvvvv?dl=0

• Captain
  • I like cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation-wrecked DEMO
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »
Very nice work!  I love levels with really small corridors you have to squeeze through, but just make sure you don't overdo it.  I mean, it's good for a section, and if you're making a small gimmick level it's fine, but if you plan to expand this, make sure there's some variation in size, so it's not just dimension tunnel! :P  Anyway, your level made me smile multiple times, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the Captain makes it out alright! :viridian:

510lliw

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
Very nice work!  I love levels with really small corridors you have to squeeze through, but just make sure you don't overdo it.  I mean, it's good for a section, and if you're making a small gimmick level it's fine, but if you plan to expand this, make sure there's some variation in size, so it's not just dimension tunnel! :P  Anyway, your level made me smile multiple times, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the Captain makes it out alright! :viridian:

Thanks! I'll work on some different styles of challenge for other levels rooms.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:13:01 PM by 510lliw »

SJMistery

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »
And I tought this level was gonna be piece of cake. LOL.

Most of the level is quite simple once you get the patterns of the enemies, but the last room is particularly tricky. I got through by sheer luck...